- LYF Water 1Rs. 5,598 ▴ 2%95 Value For Money Score
- We LoveMicromax Canvas Juice 4GRs. 5,59994 Value For Money Score
- Micromax Canvas Nitro 3 E352Rs. 5,450 ▴ 8%90 Value For Money Score
- Micromax Canvas Hue 2 A316Rs. 4,97488 Value For Money Score
- Xolo One HDRs. 4,77788 Value For Money Score
- Micromax Canvas Knight 2 E471Rs. 6,49987 Value For Money Score
- We LoveLYF Water 10Rs. 5,39087 Value For Money Score
- Micromax Canvas Selfie 3 Q348Rs. 5,490 ▴ 6%86 Value For Money Score
Quick Review of Lenovo Vibe K5
- Solid build quality
- The phone has a premium feel to it thanks to its metallic construction
- Good bright display with accurate colours
- User removable battery
- Only 32GB expandable storage
- Lenovo Vibe UI can lag a bit when used intensively
Lenovo Vibe K5 Full Features & Specifications
|Display 5 /10|
|Screen Size||5 inch|
|Screen Resolution||1280 x 720 pixels|
|Pixel Density||294 PPI|
|Chipset 8 /10|
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 415 7 /10|
|RAM||2GB 7 /10|
|Camera 7 /10|
|Rear Camera Resolution||13MP 8 /10|
|Front Camera Resolution||5MP 6 /10|
|Camera Details||Geo-tagging, Touch Focus, Face Detection, HDR, Panorama|
|Video Recording Resolution||Full HD Video Recording (1080p)|
|Camera Features||Autofocus, LED Flash|
|OS Version||Android 5.1 Lollipop|
|OS Detail||Vibe UI|
|USB Connector Type||Micro USB|
|Dimensions (mm)||142 x 71 x 8.2|
|Connectivity||4G LTE (India Compatible), 3G, 2G, WiFi, Bluetooth|
|Color||Silver, Gold, Gray|
|Storage 8 /10|
|Internal Storage||16GB 7 /10|
|Approx. User Available Storage||10.52GB|
|Maximum Card Slot Capacity||32GB|
|SIM Card Slots||Dual|
|SIM Card Type||Micro SIM|
|SIM 1 Details||4G, 3G, 2G, Micro SIM|
|SIM 2 Details||4G, 3G, 2G, Micro SIM|
|Hybrid SIM (microSD + SIM)||No|
|Battery 5 /10|
|Battery Type||Lithium-Polymer (Li-Po)|
Lenovo Vibe K5 Features
The Lenovo Vibe K5 was originally launched at the MWC 2016 in Barcelona, alongside the Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus. The K5 Plus went on sale earlier and it is only in mid of June where we are seeing the Vibe K5 go live. Both the phones look similar to each other, and as expected by the Plus moniker, the K5 Plus comes with slightly better specs including a Full HD display and is priced higher.
Display & Design
As aforementioned, we have already seen the design of the Lenovo Vibe K5 on the K5 Plus. In fact, both the devices weigh and measure exactly the same with the differences primarily being internal. You get the same metal build on the K5 that you saw on the K5 Plus. The edges are ever so softly curved which makes the phone comfortable to hold. The design in general is very much in line with the plain candybar design that we have already seen numerous times. The display on the Vibe K5 is one place, where Lenovo has cut some corners. You get a 720P 5 inch display here unlike the Full HD one on the Vibe K5 Plus. This is an LCD display and gives the phone a pixel density of 294PPI.
Hardware and Features
The Lenovo Vibe K5 is powered by a Snapdragon 415 SoC and comes with 2GB of RAM on board. That is a generous amount of RAM for a phone in this price category and the Snapdragon 415 chipset should be able to provide the phone with adequate power to do all the basic everyday tasks well. We have already seen Snapdragon 415 on devices like the Micromax Canvas Nitro, where it performed reasonably well for the segment. There is no fingerprint scanner or any sort of a jing-bang here other than Dolby tuned dual speaker sets at the back.
Camera & Storage
The camera on the Vibe K5 is a 13MP sensor on the back and 5MP on the front. The rear camera ships with a Flash so that you will have some assistance when shooting in absolute dark conditions. The front facing camera should suffice for your selfie requirements as well as for video calling that you may need it for. The storage on the device is 16GB out of the box. You do have an option of expanding the same via a Micro SD card. The phone supports cards up to 32GB.
Battery and Connectivity
The battery on the Vibe K5 is a removable 2750 mAh unit. Since the user can remove and replace the battery, it allows you to carry a couple of spare batteries with you in order to ensure that you do not run out of juice. The 2750 mAh battery should be able to anyway last you a good one full normal working day. On the connectivity front, you get a support for Dual SIM cards, both slots take Micro SIM cards as well as 4G on them. There is Wi-Fi, GPS as well as Bluetooth included here too. Like most smartphones in the budget category, the Vibe K5 comes with FM Radio built in too.
The Lenovo Vibe K5 finds itself competing with the likes of Xolo Era 4K, the Micromax Canvas Xpress 4G as well as the Xolo Black, a phone with a dual camera lens. However, at the release of the device, the Vibe K5 was pretty much the best smartphone that you can pick up at the price point.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the Lenovo Vibe K5
1. How is the look and display of the device?
Ans: It has a metal unibody design which add up to its look and the display is bright with accurate colours.
2. Does it support OTG?
Ans: Yes, it does support OTG.
3. Does the phone have a Hybrid SIM slot?
Ans: No, it has a dedicated slot for MicroSD card up to 32GB.
4. Is the battery removable?
Ans: Yes, it comes with a removable battery.
5. What type or charging connector do I need?
Ans: It sports a micro-USB charging connector.
6. Does it work with Reliance Jio Network?
Ans: Yes, it works with Reliance Jio Network.
7. Will this get further software updates of Android?
Ans: It was launched with Android 5.1 Lollipop and is still waiting for Android 6.0 Marshmallow update.
Video About Lenovo Vibe K5
Lenovo Vibe K5 Price History
Get Price Drop Alerts!
- 4G Mobile Phones Price
- Android Mobile Phones Price In India
- Top Selling Mobile Phones Price
- Mobile Phones Under Rs 10000 Price In India
- All Mobiles Price
- Lenovo Mobile Phones Price In India
- Upcoming Mobile Phones Price
- Lenovo 4G Phones Price In India
- Mobile Phones On Instalments Price
- Snapdragon 625 Mobile Phones Price In India
Lenovo Vibe K5 Ratings
- Very good Speakers
- Less in price
- Good battery life
- Good memory system
- Heavy in weight
- Gets hanged quite a few times
- Slow update process
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash,5MP front camera.
- LTE supported but after update also supports VoLTE.
- Dolby sound system.
- 2GB RAM and 16 GB internal memory.
- Reasonable price.
- Battery is not upto my expectations.
- Sometimes heating problem is there .
- New in the market so less trusted.
- Loud and Clear Audio Sound System
- New Update Support Volte (4G)
- Octacore Processor
- 16gb Internal Memory
- Excellent Battery life
- Dual sim
- Budget Phone
- Less Service Centres of Lenovo
- No or less updates by Lenovo
- Has Heating Issues
- Phone Hang Sometimes.
Articles Related to Lenovo Vibe K5
- Lenovo K6 Note Launched In India Starting At Rs 13,999Read More
- Leak: Xiaomi Mi 5C to Come With Pinecone V670 Chipset And No Home ButtonRead More
- [Exclusive]: Panasonic Eluga Pure Spotted on Benchmarking WebsiteRead More
- Vivo Y66 With 4G VoLTE & 3GB RAM Launched in ChinaRead More
- Airtel Offers Free Voice Calls to Anywhere In India, But There's A CatchRead More
- How To Setup Jio Network In A Smartphone - PricebabaRead More
- Confirmed: Jio Extends its Welcome Offer Till 31st March 2017Read More
- Nokia Smartphones to hit the Market in 2017, Company Confirms - Pricebaba.com...Read More
- Images Of Nokia D1C Android Smartphone Leaked Online - Pricebaba.com BlogRead More
- BlackBerry DTEK50 & DTEK60 Launched In India - Pricebaba.com BlogRead More
- Samsung To Start Mass Production Of SoC With 10nm FinFet Technology - Priceba...Read More
- Huawei Launches Honor 6X With Dual Rear Camera Setup - Pricebaba.com BlogRead More
Talk about Lenovo Vibe K5, ask your questions!
© 2012-2017 Pricebaba™ All rights reserved. All trademarks / logos / brands are the property of their respective owners.