LG G5 is the successor to the LG G4, one of the blockbuster flagship successes of the year 2015. The device is the first attempt at a modular smartphone as it comes with components that can be added to the phone in order to diversify its functionalities by replacing the battery module. These components are called friends and at the launch of the device, LG showed off the likes of LG Cam Plus, and the LG Hi-Fi Plus with B&O Play. This modular construction of the device is without a doubt its USP, but despite this, the phone has a very powerful interior. In terms of specifications, the phone comes with the following:
- The display on the device is a 5.3 inch 2K, which gives it a pixel density of 554PPI.
- Just like the Samsung Galaxy S7 or the S7 Edge, the LG G5 also comes with an always on display, so that you can be sure of never missing out on a notification ever on your device.
- Protecting the display on your phone is Corning Gorilla Glass 4.
- The LG G5 is powered by Snapdragon 820. In fact, alongside the Xiaomi Mi5, it was one of the first smartphones to come with the latest and greatest from Snapdragon.
- You do get a fingerprint scanner on the back of the device for added protection and security.
- There is 4GB of RAM onboard to ensure that the daily operations are smooth and glitch free. On the internal memory front, you have 32GB inbuilt and a dedicated card slot for expansion.
- The rear camera is 16MP with f/1.8 aperture while the front facing snapper is 8MP with f/2.4 aperture.
- As far as the connections go, the device comes with USB Type-C, an Infra Red port, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and LTE.
- LG G5 comes with a 2800mAh removable battery, which comes with a support for Quick Charge 3.0.
- You can pick the LG G5 in several color choices including: Silver, Titan, Gold and Pink.
Samsung Galaxy S7
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About LG G5
1. Does the LG G5 work with Reliance Jio network?
Ans: Yes, the phone does support 4G LTE with VoLTE and should work flawlessly with Jio network.
2. Does the phone have a Hybrid SIM slot?
Ans: Yes, the second slot of this phone is Hybrid. Meaning you can either use second SIM in the slot or add a MicroSD card to expand the storage.
3. What type of charging connector do I need?
Ans: LG G5 has the latest USB Type-C port for charging and data syncing.
4. What is the internal storage size available to install apps?
Ans: Out of the 32GB onboard storage on the LG G5, approximately 23.29GB of free space is available for the user to install apps. Additionally you can also use a MicroSD card up to 2TB in the second Hybrid slot.
5. Is this a good phone for gaming?
Ans: Yes, the phone sports an excellent processor combined with 4GB RAM. It should run most games from all major publishers without any issues.
6. Will this get further software updates of Android?
Ans: LG G5 comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box and is soon said to receive Android 7.0 Nougat update. Looking at the past, the G5 is likely to receive one more Android update next year.
7. How is the camera performance for this phone?
Ans: The Dual Camera Setup on the rear produces some excellent shots. They also feature Laser Autofocus for ultra fast focusing on objects.
8. Does the phone support 4K video recording?
Ans: Yes, the rear camera of the LG G5 can record videos up to 4K resolution.
9. Does it support USB OTG?
Ans: You can attach your pen drive or a HDD to your phone to view or transfer content via a USB OTG cable.
10. Is the battery removable?
Ans: Yes, LG G5 supports a few swappable mods that were launched with the device. The bottom of the device easily slides out with the battery to swap mods.
11. What comes in the box?
Ans: Box of LG G5 contains the device itself, a wall charger, USB Type-C cable for charging and data syncing and a pair of earphones. Unfortunately, the supported mods do not come with the device and are separately sold.