Quick Review of Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime
- Solid metal unibody construction makes it feel premium
- Sharp display at 401PPI with Gorilla Glass prortection
- Good battery life that should last through a day for most
- Decent day-to-day performance
- Performance of the rear camera in low light conditions could be better
- Lacks fast charging support
- Rear camera is not capable of recording 4K videos
Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime Full Features & Specifications
|Display 10 /10|
|Screen Size||5.5 inch|
|Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080 pixels|
|Pixel Density||401 PPI|
|Screen Protection||Corning Gorilla Glass 4|
|Chipset 8 /10 See Better Options|
|Processor||Exynos 7870 8 /10|
|RAM||3GB 9 /10|
|Camera 9 /10 See Better Options|
|Rear Camera Resolution||13MP 9 /10|
|Front Camera Resolution||8MP 9 /10|
|Camera Details||Geo-Tagging, Touch Focus, Face Detection, Panorama, HDR|
|Video Recording Resolution||Full HD Video Recording (1080p)|
|Camera Features||Autofocus, Dual LED Flash|
|OS Version||Android 6.0 Marshmallow|
|OS Detail||TouchWiz UI|
|USB Connector Type||Micro USB|
|Features||Fingerprint Scanner, GPS, FM Radio|
|Dimensions (mm)||151.5 x 74.9 x 8.1|
|Connectivity||4G LTE (India Compatible), 3G, 2G, WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, VoLTE (Works with Jio)|
|Build Material||Metal Unibody|
|Device Warranty||1 Year|
|Storage 9 /10 See Better Options|
|Internal Storage||16GB 8 /10|
|Approx. User Available Storage||10.3GB|
|Maximum Card Slot Capacity||256GB|
|SIM Card Slots||Dual|
|SIM Card Type||Micro SIM|
|SIM 1 Details||4G, 3G, 2G, Micro SIM|
|SIM 2 Details||4G, 3G, 2G, Micro SIM|
|Battery 8 /10 See Better Options|
|Battery Type||Lithium-ion (Li-ion)|
Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime Price in India
|Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime price at Gadgets Now||Rs. 14,999|
|Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime price at eBay||Rs. 15,449|
|Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime price at Tata Cliq||Rs. 15,900|
|Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime price at Amazon.in||Rs. 15,900|
|Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime price at Flipkart||Rs. 15,900|
|Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime price at Shopclues||Rs. 15,900|
|Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime price at Shopmonk||Rs. 16,490|
|Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime price at OnlyMobiles||Rs. 16,900|
Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime Features
The J series from Samsung, especially the J7 has received good response from the market since it was first launched in 2015. Samsung then came up with the updated version Galaxy J7 2016 or also called Galaxy J7(6). Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime can be called the elder sibling of the Galaxy J7 2016 as it has just a few but some important changes to the latter.
Design and Display
Ditching the plastic design, Samsung has now gone with an all metal design for it's premium version of the Galaxy J7(6). The build looks solid and the device feels premium to hold as well. Coming to the display we have a similar 5.5 inch AMOLED display but with a bumped up resolution of 1920x1080 pixels which now gives it a pixel density of 401PPI making the display much sharper. The display is now protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 4.
Hardware and Features
Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime has got the same Exynos 7870 Octa Core chipset clocked at 1.6GHz and now comes with 3GB of RAM. Where the processor is quite decent in performance, the 3GB of RAM should show positive results when multitasking. The device now also sports a fingerprint sensor embedded in the home button on the front which is a huge plus.
Camera and Storage
The rear camera remains the same from the Galaxy J7(6) that can still shoot videos up to 1080p and also has an LED Flash to take shots in low light conditions. Whereas on the front we now have 8MP sensor from a 5MP, which should show decent improvement while taking selfies or video calling. To store all the data there is 16GB onboard storage that can be further expanded up to 256GB via a MicroSD card.
Connectivity and Battery
This device is Reliance JIO compatible as it supports VoLTE plus also has the standards like WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS. And powering all this we have a 3300mAh battery sealed inside the device and should be good enough to last you through the day with moderate usage.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Does the Galaxy J7 Prime work with the Reliance Jio network?
- Yes, the Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime supports 4G LTE Indian bands as well as VoLTE. Hence, it will support Reliance Jio calling from the default dialer app itself.
2. Will this support my existing Nano SIM card?
- Unfortunately, No! The phone accepts only Micro SIMs. However, you can fit the Nano SIM into the MicroSIM adapter and insert in the Micro SIM slot of the phone.
3. What is the user available internal storage?
- Galaxy J7 Prime typically comes with 16GB of internal storage of which approximately 10.3GB of storage should be available to the user to install all your apps and store data. In case if you run out of space, you can additionally expand the storage via a MicroSD card up to 256GB.
4. Will this get further software updates?
- Looking at the past record of software updates from Samsung, the Galaxy J7 Prime is very unlikely to receive any major Android version software update.
5. How long will the battery life? Will I need a power bank?
- The 3300mAh battery sealed inside the Galaxy J7 Prime should last easily through the day for most people on average usage. Accordingly you may decide if you wish to carry along a power bank.
6. What comes in the box?
- The retail box of the Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime consists of the device itself, charger, data cable, SIM ejector pin and a pair of wired earphones. Very basic stuff with no additional goodies such as screen protector or a case.
Video About Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime
Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime Price History
Get Price Drop Alerts!
- 4G Mobile Phones Price
- Samsung Mobile Phones Price In India
- Android Mobile Phones Price
- Samsung 4G Mobile Phones Price In India
- Mobile Phones With 3GB RAM Price
- VoLTE Phones Price In India
- Top Selling Mobile Phones Price
- All Mobiles Price In India
- Lenovo Mobile Phones Price
- Gionee Mobile Phones Price In India
Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime Ratings
- The display
- Camera quality is good. Battery life is durable. Doesn't hang much
- The size is too large. Storage is less.
- Good battery
- No hang problem
- Finger sensor
- Heating is also not a problem
- Great camera quality
- Fast charging not available
- Some phones offer same specs with a little low amount. So a bit expensive
- Volte supported
- Light weight and slim body
- Octacore processor
- Full HD display 1920×1080p
- 2.5D curve glass
- 13+5 MP camera
- 3GB RAM
- 16gb ROM with 11gb user memory.
- Finger print is not so much smooth.
Articles Related to Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime
- Best Smartphone Under Rs 20,000 To Buy This Diwali - Pricebaba.com BlogRead More
- Samsung To Start Mass Production Of SoC With 10nm FinFet Technology - Priceba...Read More
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 830 Order Goes To TSMC, Samsung Falls Behind Schedule - P...Read More
- Samsung Galaxy On Nxt Launched In India For Rs 18,490Read More
- Lenovo Z2 Plus now also on Flipkart, starts at 14,999Read More
- Gionee P8 Max To Be Launched In India Soon - PriceBabaRead More
- Top 5 Best 3GB RAM Phones Under Rs 15,000 In IndiaRead More
- Cool1 Dual To Arrive in India On December 28th?Read More
- CES 2017: Asus Likely To Launch Two New Phones On January 4thRead More
- Asus ZenFone 3 Max (ZC553KL) Now Available On Sale In IndiaRead More
- Nokia C1 With Dual Rear Camera Setup Leaked OnlineRead More
- Swipe Elite Max With 4GB RAM Launched in India For Rs 10,999Read More
Similar to Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime
- Lenovo Z2 Plus (4GB/64GB)Rs. 16,99995 Value For Money Score
- We LoveCoolpad Cool 1Rs. 13,99995 Value For Money Score
- Motorola Moto G5 Plus (4GB/32GB)Rs. 16,99995 Value For Money Score
- We LoveMotorola Moto MRs. 15,99992 Value For Money Score
- Motorola Moto G5 PlusRs. 14,99992 Value For Money Score
- We LoveLenovo P2Rs. 16,99992 Value For Money Score
- Lenovo Z2 PlusRs. 14,99992 Value For Money Score
- Samsung Galaxy On NxtRs. 15,990 ▾ 5%91 Value For Money Score
Talk about Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime, ask your questions!
© 2012-2017 Pricebaba™ All rights reserved. All trademarks / logos / brands are the property of their respective owners.