- We LoveSamsung Galaxy J7 PrimeRs. 16,799 ▾ 6%95 Value For Money Score
- We LoveLenovo Z2 Plus (4GB/64GB)Rs. 19,99995 Value For Money Score
- Samsung Galaxy On NxtRs. 16,990 ▾ 8%94 Value For Money Score
- We LoveMotorola Moto X StyleRs. 22,49994 Value For Money Score
- LeEco Le Max 2Rs. 16,999 ▾ 5%92 Value For Money Score
- Lenovo Z2 PlusRs. 17,99992 Value For Money Score
- We LoveSamsung Galaxy A5 (2016)Rs. 21,75091 Value For Money Score
- Asus Zenfone 3 (ZE552KL)Rs. 21,150 ▴ 6%91 Value For Money Score
Quick Review of Xiaomi Mi Max Prime
- Good build quality
- Fast fingerprint scanner
- Fantastic battery life
- Acceptable camera quality
- Reported issues with 4K video recording
- Display visibility reportedly not great outdoors
Xiaomi Mi Max Prime Full Features & Specifications
|Display 7 /10|
|Screen Size||6.44 inch|
|Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080 pixels|
|Pixel Density||342 PPI|
|Screen Protection||Corning Gorilla Glass 3|
|Chipset 9 /10|
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 9 /10|
|RAM||4GB 10 /10|
|Camera 8 /10|
|Rear Camera Resolution||16MP 10 /10|
|Front Camera Resolution||5MP 7 /10|
|Camera Details||Geo-tagging, Touch Focus, Face Detection, Panorama, HDR|
|Video Recording Resolution||Full HD Video Recording (1080p)|
|Camera Features||Autofocus, Dual Tone LED Flash|
|OS Version||Android 6.0 Marshmallow|
|OS Detail||MiUi 7|
|USB Connector Type||Micro USB|
|Features||Fingerprint Scanner, InfraRed (IR) Blaster, GPS|
|Dimensions (mm)||173.1 x 88.3 x 7.5|
|Connectivity||4G LTE (India Compatible), 3G, 2G, WiFi, Bluetooth, VoLTE (Works with Jio)|
|Storage 10 /10|
|Internal Storage||128GB 10 /10|
|Maximum Card Slot Capacity||128GB|
|SIM Card Slots||Dual|
|SIM Card Type||Micro SIM, Nano SIM|
|Hybrid SIM (microSD + SIM)||Yes|
|Battery 10 /10|
|Battery Type||Lithium-Polymer (Li-Po)|
Xiaomi Mi Max Prime Features
Right since the very first Samsung Galaxy Note, the concept of phablets or smartphones that double up as tablets has only and only grown on people. The idea of having one device that is capable to replace two devices in your arsenal has indeed been a huge hit. Even the mighty Apple has been touched by the wave of phablets and hence we have the super giant iPhone 6 Plus and the 6s Plus. Known to be the Apple of China, Xiaomi has been active in the phablet space too, with the likes of the Redmi Note. The Mi Max takes the phablet game even more seriously. Here is more about the device.
Display & Design
One look at the Mi Max and you could be forgiven for thinking that the phone is more of a tablet than a smartphone. It features a mammoth 6.44 inch Full HD display, which gives with a sweet pixel density of 342PPI. This is perhaps one of the largest phablets at least in the terms of display size that exist today. On the design front, things are premium as the phone comes with an all metallic build quality. The edges of the phones are curved and you have a pretty standard candybar form factor going on here. There is absolutely no way, you should even attempt using this smartphone with one hand. Just like the Redmi Note 3, there is no information on whether the display has any sort of protection on it, so you are better off gripping the phone securely and using it with two hands.
Hardware and Features
The Mi Max is powered by a 1.8 GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 652 chipset. In the international market, the 64GB and 128GB variant has been announced with Snapdragon 652 chipset. There is 3GB RAM on the 32GB version of the Mi Max, though the 128GB version is aimed at the power hungry users and comes with 4GB of RAM. The phone does feature a fingerprint scanner on the back, unlike the Xiaomi Mi5, which had it on the front and on the home button of the smartphone. There is also an IR blaster on the top of the device to control your televisions and ACs. On the software front, it runs MIUI 7 on top of Android 6.0.
Camera & Storage
The camera on the Mi Max is a 16MP rear sensor with f/2.0 aperture. The camera comes with phase detection autofocus, so should be able to focus on the shots at rapid speeds. There is an LED flash that has been included to assist you in low light photography. The front of the device is the home to a 5 MP camera which has a 85-degree wide angle view. The sensor features a f/2.0 aperture. There are several storage options available for the Mi Max. You get 128GB internal storage and if that is not enough, there is a hybrid Dual SIM slot that can be used for further expansion using MicroSD card up to 128GB.
Battery and Connectivity
One advantage of having such a big chassis on the phone is that it can house a massive battery. Xiaomi has been generous with a 4850 mAh battery on the Mi Max. This makes the phone a leading contender in our list of ‘Big Battery Smartphones’. The phone will easily get you by a day on heavy use and maybe two days if you use it more reluctantly. As mentioned above, the device comes with a hybrid SIM, so you can use the same with two SIM cards or one SIM card and one MicroSD. There is WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS connectivity included too.
If you are looking for a budget phablet smartphone, the Mi Max is as good as you can get. However, if you have tiny hands and are looking for slightly smaller devices, the likes of Redmi Note 3 or even the Zuk Z1 would make for smart choices.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the Xiaomi Mi Max Prime
1. Is this phone compatible with Reliance Jio network?
2. Are there any heating issues with Xiaomi Mi Max Prime?
3. How long would the battery last? Will I require a power bank?
4. Is the battery removable?
5. How is the camera performance of this phone?
Ans: With a 16-megapixel primary camera and 5-megapixel secondary camera, this phone has a very good camera performance. It also has a dual tone LED flash which enables low light photography.
6. What type or charging connector do I need? How much time does it take to charge?
Xiaomi Mi Max Prime Video Review
Xiaomi Mi Max Prime Price History
Get Price Drop Alerts!
- 4G Mobile Phones Price
- Android Mobile Phones Price In India
- Mobile Phones With 4GB RAM Price
- VoLTE Phones Price In India
- Mobile Phones With 3GB RAM Price
- Xiaomi Mobile Phones Price In India
- Top Selling Mobile Phones Price
- Fingerprint Scanner Mobile Phones Price In India
- Videocon Mobile Phones Price
- Philips Mobile Phones Price In India
Xiaomi Mi Max Prime Ratings
Articles Related to Xiaomi Mi Max Prime
- Xiaomi Mi Max Prime With 4GB RAM Launched in India For Rs 19999 - Pricebaba.c...Read More
- Xiaomi Diwali Offer Starting From 17 October, Re 1 Flash Sale On Redmi Device...Read More
- Leaked! Xiaomi Mi 5c With 5.5-inch Display May Launch on November 30th - Pric...Read More
- Airtel Offers Free Voice Calls to Anywhere In India, But There's A CatchRead More
- Honor 6S Images Leaked Online, May Feature Snapdragon 435Read More
- ZTE Nubia N1 With 5000mAh Battery to Launch in India on December 14th?Read More
- How To Setup Jio Network In A Smartphone - PricebabaRead More
- Confirmed: Jio Extends its Welcome Offer Till 31st March 2017Read More
- Fingerprint Scanners: Are They Worth It? - PricebabaRead More
- Intex Aqua E4 Launched At Rs 3333, Features 4G VoLTE - Pricebaba.com BlogRead More
- LYF Wind 2 Review: Big Size, Small Price - Pricebaba.com BlogRead More
- Gionee M2017 Spotted With 7000mAh Battery & Dual Rear Camera - Pricebaba.com ...Read More
Talk about Xiaomi Mi Max Prime, ask your questions!
© 2012-2016 Pricebaba™ All rights reserved. All trademarks / logos / brands are the property of their respective owners.