Quick Review of Xiaomi Redmi 3S
- Very impressive battery life
- Bright and sharp display with 294PPI
- Handy form factor and good build quality
- Rear and front cameras take good pictures compared to others
- Latest Android Marshmallow based MIUI
- 2GB of RAM might max out, thanks to the heavily skinned UI from Xiaomi
- Usability of either Dual SIMs or a Single SIM with a MicroSD card (Hybrid slot) can disappoint some
Xiaomi Redmi 3S Full Features & Specifications
|Display 6 /10 See Better Options|
|Screen Size||5 inch|
|Screen Resolution||1280 x 720 pixels|
|Pixel Density||294 PPI|
|Chipset 7 /10 See Better Options|
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 7 /10|
|RAM||2GB 7 /10|
|Camera 9 /10 See Better Options|
|Rear Camera Resolution||13MP 9 /10|
|Front Camera Resolution||5MP 6 /10|
|Camera Details||Geo-tagging, Touch Focus, Face/Smile Detection, HDR, Panorama,|
|Video Recording Resolution||Full HD Video Recording (1080p)|
|Camera Features||Autofocus, Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF), LED Flash|
|OS Version||Android 6.0 Marshmallow|
|OS Detail||MIUI 7|
|USB Connector Type||Micro USB|
|Features||InfraRed (IR) Blaster, GPS, FM Radio|
|Dimensions (mm)||139.30 x 69.60 x 8.50|
|Connectivity||4G LTE (India Compatible), 3G, 2G, WiFi, Bluetooth, VoLTE (Works with Jio)|
|Color||Silver, Gray, Gold|
|Build Material||Metal Unibody|
|Device Warranty||1 Year|
|Storage 9 /10 See Better Options|
|Internal Storage||16GB 8 /10|
|Approx. User Available Storage||9.76GB|
|Maximum Card Slot Capacity||128GB|
|SIM Card Slots||Dual|
|SIM Card Type||Micro SIM, Nano SIM|
|SIM 1 Details||4G, 3G, 2G, Micro SIM|
|SIM 2 Details||4G, 3G, 2G, Nano SIM|
|Hybrid SIM (microSD + SIM)||Yes|
|Battery 8 /10 See Better Options|
|Battery Type||Lithium-Polymer (Li-Po)|
Xiaomi Redmi 3S Price in India
|Xiaomi Redmi 3S price at eBay||Rs. 8,490|
Xiaomi Redmi 3S Features
Xiaomi's Redmi 2 and the Redmi 2 Prime has been a huge hit in the Indian market and one of the major reason it being this hit is Xiaomi's pricing strategy. The features and specs then offered with the two phones were an absolute value for money for the price it was offered at. Following the similar trend, Xiaomi this year is back with the two devices Xiaomi Redmi 3s and the Xiaomi Redmi 3s Prime. Again these phones offer great value for money and have a price difference of Rs. 2000, however the extra amount is totally worth it as the expensive Redmi 3s Prime features a fingerprint scanner and an extra GB of RAM.
Display and Design
Even the display size of the device is rarely found these days at 5 inch, it is great for one hand usage. The resolution of the display is 1280x720 pixels (HD) which gives it a pixel density of 294PPI which does sound sharp enough and on the display we do not get any sort of protection. The phone looks good and well build to not make any creaking sound and has a similar design to the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3.
Hardware and Features
Inside Xiaomi Redmi 3s runs on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 Octa Core chipset that is clocked at 1.4Ghz and paired along is 2GB of RAM. The device should perform well for most of the tasks however just 2GB of RAM might be a bit constraining to some with heavy usage and MIUI's heavy skinning. The phone also features an IR blaster which acts as a remote to most of the home appliances.
Camera and Battery
The Redmi 3s has got a 13MP sensor on the rear that is capable of recording Full HD (1080p) videos whereas on the front lies a 5MP shooter. The rear sensor also features Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF) and there is also an LED Flash to help take pictures in light conditions. The battery of the device is yet another excellent feature to have but the charging time is quite more despite being said to have fast charging. Thanks to the massive 4100mah battery unit sealed inside the device, the Redmi 3s delivers impressive battery backup.
Connectivity and Storage
Xiaomi Redmi 3s is a 4G LTE enabled device and also supports VoLTE. Even though it is a Dual SIM device only the first SIM supports VoLTE and the second slot is Hybrid, meaning it will either accept the second SIM or you can use the slot expand storage on the phone to up to 128GB via a MicroSD card.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Redmi 3s Prime
1.Does this Xiaomi Redmi 3S work with Reliance Jio Network?
Ans: Yes, the Xiaomi Redmi 3S supports VoLTE and will work on Reliance Jio Network.
2.Will this support my Nano SIM card?
Ans: Yes, the Redmi 3s has a Micro SIM slot and a Nano SIM slot.
3.Does the phone have a Hybrid SIM slot?
Ans: Yes, the phone has a Hybrid SIM slot. So you will have to choose between a MicroSD card and a SIM card for the second slot.
4.What is the difference between the Redmi 3s and Redmi 3s Prime?
Ans: The Redmi 3s Prime has 3GB RAM, 32GB of Internal Storage and a Fingerprint scanner. The Redmi 3s has 2GB RAM, 16GB Internal Storage and no fingerprint scanner.
5.What is the internal storage size available to install apps?
Ans: The phone has 9.76GB of User Available Internal storage to install apps.
6.Will this get further software updates of Android?
Ans: Xiaomi is known to update the UI on their phones very often. The phone will receive an update to MIUI but it is unsure if it will get an Android Update.
7.How is the camera performance for this phone?
Ans: The phone has a 13-megapixel primary camera and a 5-megapixel selfie camera on the front. The image quality is good at this price.
8.Does it support OTG?
Ans: Yes, the Redmi 3s Prime supports USB OTG. However, there are no OTG cables in the box and you'll have to buy one seperately.
9.Does both SIM card support 4G?
Ans: Yes both SIM slots on the Xiaomi Redmi 3s Prime support 4G.
10.Is the battery removable?
Ans: No the battery on the phone is non-removable.
Xiaomi Redmi 3S Video Review
Xiaomi Redmi 3S Price History
Get Price Drop Alerts!
- 4G Mobile Phones Price
- Android Mobile Phones Price In India
- Budget Mobile Phones (Low Cost) Price
- VoLTE Phones Price In India
- Xiaomi Mobile Phones Price
- Top Selling Mobile Phones Price In India
- Phones Between Rs. 5,000 to Rs. 10,000 Price
- All Mobiles Price In India
- 4K Video Recording Mobile Phones Price
- Sharp Mobile Phones Price In India
Xiaomi Redmi 3S Ratings
- Amazing battery backup
- Awesome Camera(better than Lenovo K4 Note)
- Very good performance
- Lag Free UI
- Very Sharp and Vivid Display
- LED Notification Light
- IR Blaster
- Good Speakers
- Good RAM Management
- Fully Metal Construction
- The absence of the fingerprint scanner on the back of the phone.
- It has only 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal memory compared to the Prime’s 3 GB RAM and 32 GB base memory.
Articles Related to Xiaomi Redmi 3S
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 Launched In China With Dual Sided Curved Display - Pricebaba...Read More
- Idea Launches Free 4G Data Offers For CustomersRead More
- Reliance Jio Working On VoLTE Feature Phone Worth Rs 1,200: ReportRead More
- Report: Jio Is Planning To Extend Its Free Services Till 30th JuneRead More
- Idea Now Offers Up To 15GB 4G Data For The Cost Of 1GBRead More
- Micromax Vdeo 3 and Micromax Vdeo 4 Announced In IndiaRead More
- Vivo V5 Plus With Dual Front Camera Release Date in India: January 23Read More
- Xolo Era 2X To Launch In India On January 5Read More
- Gionee P8 Max To Be Launched In India Soon - PriceBabaRead More
- Karbonn K9 Smart 4G With 5-inch Display Launched For Rs 4,777Read More
- Asus ZenFone 3 Max (ZC553KL) Now Available On Sale In IndiaRead More
- Zen Cinemax Click With 4G VoLTE Launched in India For Rs 6190Read More
Similar to Xiaomi Redmi 3S
- Micromax Canvas 5Rs. 7,499 ▾ 16%95 Value For Money Score
- Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus 3GBRs. 7,00093 Value For Money Score
- Lenovo K3 NoteRs. 8,799 ▴ 7%91 Value For Money Score
- Coolpad Dazen X7Rs. 8,299 ▾ 54%90 Value For Money Score
- Yu Yureka SRs. 8,19989 Value For Money Score
- Micromax Canvas Pulse 4GRs. 7,355 ▾ 8%89 Value For Money Score
- Xiaomi Redmi 3Rs. 7,99088 Value For Money Score
- Micromax Canvas Knight 2 E471Rs. 6,850 ▾ 9%88 Value For Money Score
Talk about Xiaomi Redmi 3S, ask your questions!
© 2012-2017 Pricebaba™ All rights reserved. All trademarks / logos / brands are the property of their respective owners.