Airtel Digital TV is rapidly gaining more subscribers in the market, as Dish TV and Tata Play users are reaching a saturation limit. Users can take full advantage of TRAI’s new rule and subscribe only to channels that they want to watch. Earlier users had to pick packs from various channels.
As a subscriber, you may want to pay for only those channels or packs that you deem essential. You might even want to remove channels, that you are no longer interested in and want to avoid paying for. Here are a host of ways in which you can add or remove channels in Airtel Digital TV through their website, app, SMS, or call the customer service agent. It will also enable add the Star Sports channel to watch the ongoing Asia Cup 2023.
How to add a channel in Airtel Digital TV DTH
Airtel Digital TV, despite being a newer entrant in the market, has been rapidly adding more channels to its ever-growing list. These channels are slowly becoming more accessible on Airtel Digital TV, especially in both Standard Definition (SD) and High Definition (HD). The number of regional channels in Airtel Digital TV DTH is also on the rise. The following are a few ways to add channels to your subscription pack.
How to add a channel in Airtel DTH through SMS
You can easily add or remove a channel from Airtel Digital TV through its SMS service. Do note that there are different processes for if you are sending it through a registered mobile number or a non-registered mobile number.
- Keep the list of Airtel DTH channel numbers handy
- The format for sending the SMS is “ADD <channel number>”, and sending it to 54325.
- For instance, if you want to add Zee Cinema to your list of subscribed channels, then you need to send “ADD 203”.
How to add a channel in Airtel DTH without a registered mobile number
- Keep your Customer ID handy
- Send the SMS “ADD <channel number><customer ID>” to 54325.
- For example, for Zee Cinema, you would need to send “ADD 203 30xxxxx-001)
- After you do this, you will receive an OTP on your number
- Send the OTP in the format “Top <OTP>”, to 54325. For example, if the OTP is 4321, you have to send “Top 4321” to 54325, from the same non-registered mobile number.
- After this, you will receive a confirmation SMS. Your desired channel will be added to your list of subscribed channels.
How to add a channel in Airtel Digital TV through the Airtel Thanks app
If you prefer the ease of work and the user interface of mobile apps, then you can add a channel to your Airtel Digital TV account through the certified Airtel Thanks App. Follow these simple steps below.
- Open the Airtel Thanks app.
- In the bottom right corner, click on the ‘More’ option
- Tap on ‘My Airtel’ > ‘Manage Accounts’
- Select the relevant DTH ID that applies to your subscription
- Navigate to the ‘Add Channel’ option in the next window
- There will be three options to choose from: A-la-carte, VAS, Broadcaster
- Choose A-la-carte as your option
- Select the channel you want to add from the list
- Scroll to the ‘Go To Summary’ option. It will show you a preview of the channels you have chosen. Scrolling down further will reveal the comparison between the new amount, and the current amount you are paying
- Click on the ‘Confirm and Change’ option once you are done with the review
- Your changes will reflect on your DTH service a few hours after the payment is done
How to add a channel in Airtel Digital TV online
The website provided by Airtel is also a convenient way to change the channel subscriptions for the user. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the Airtel Digital TV website
- Log in through your registered mobile number or subscriber ID
- You now have three options to choose from: A-la-carte, Recommended Packs, Broadcaster packs
- To select specific channels and create your own channel pack, go to the A-la-carte option and choose your desired channels. 25 channels are the minimum, as 25 Doordarshan channels are provided free by Airtel, and selected as the default option. You can select up to 100 channels
- Once you are done selecting the channels, you can select ‘Confirm’, and make the payment accordingly
- After the payment is done, the channels will be added to your subscription within a few hours
How to add channels using your Airtel Digital TV
Your tv can also help you manage your account. Follow the steps mentioned below to add channels using your Airtel TV.
- Turn on your tv and dial channel no 998. The channel is used for DTH account management
- Now a new ‘Help’ page will appear. Select the ‘Add Channels’ tab on the page
- Now follow the given instructions, and you will receive a confirmation code at the end
- Send that code to ‘54325’ to add the channel
- The channel will be added to your subscribed channel list
How to remove a channel in Airtel Digital TV
If you are subscribed to a channel pack on Airtel Digital TV and are not using some of the channels, then you do not need to pay for them. You can remove the channels from your active subscription, thereby saving your money. It will also allow you to spend the saved money on a channel that you are interested in. There are a few ways to remove channels in Airtel Digital TV. Let’s have a look at a few of them.
How to remove channel in Airtel Digital TV through SMS
You will need a list of channel numbers provided by Airtel Digital TV for this method to work. Also, remember that this method can only be done through a registered mobile number.
- Open your phone’s messaging app
- Send the message “Rem <channel number of the channel that you want removed> to 54325
- For example, if you want to remove Zee Cinema with channel number 203, type “Rem 203” and send it to 54325
How to remove a channel in Airtel DTH without a registered mobile number (RTN)
To remove a channel without a registered mobile number, you can also use the SMS method. However, you will need your customer ID handy.
- Send the SMS “Rem <channel number> <customer ID>” to 54325.
- For example, if you want to remove Zee Cinema (channel number 203) through a non-registered mobile number, type “Rem 203 30xxxxx-001” and send it to 54325
- Once you have sent this message, you will receive an OTP on the number through which you sent the text
- Type “Top <OTP>” and send the message to 54325
- Once you have sent the OTP, the removal of the channel from your connection will be confirmed.
- The changes will take place within a few hours.
How to remove channel in Airtel DTH through the Airtel Thanks app
Removing an undesired channel from your Airtel Digital TV connection through the app is also quite an easy process. The Airtel Thanks app is quite easy to use and has a simple user interface. This makes it ideal for adding or removing channels. Here’s how you can go about this:
- Open the Airtel Thanks app
- Go to the ‘More’ section at the bottom right of the screen
- Tap on the ‘My Airtel’ section
- Navigate to the ‘My Accounts’ option and tap on it
- Select your DTH ID from the ones already provided in the app
- Find the option that says ‘Change Plan’ and tap on it
- You will find the option to ‘Skip to channel selection’. Tap on this option
- At the bottom of the page, there should be a section called ‘In my existing plan’. Tap on this
- This list will give you all the channels you are currently subscribed to
- Click on the ‘Remove’ option next to ‘Channel’
- You can now go to the ‘Go to summary’ option and tap on it
- The next page will showcase all the changes made to the current plan and the change in cost
- Navigate towards the ‘Confirm and change’ option and select it
- Now the channel will be removed from your current selection of channels
How to remove a channel in Airtel DTH online
The Airtel website is also pretty straightforward in terms of removing channels. The steps are as follows:
- You need to have your registered mobile number or customer ID with you
- Open your browser and go to the Airtel website
- Log into Airtel through your registered mobile number. You can also use the unique customer ID
- After you are logged in, navigate to the DTH section on the page
- Find the ‘Manage TV Channels’ option and click on it
- You will be directed to a page showing your current plans. To make changes, select the ‘Edit Current Plan’ section
- Scroll through the channels and find the one that you want to remove. Uncheck the box for the channel
- Review the changes you have made and select ‘Go to Summary’. This page will show the changes at a glance
- Click on ‘Confirm’, once you are done
- The channel(s) you have removed will be removed from your subscription within a short period of time
How to find Airtel DTH Customer ID?
- Send the SMS “BAL” to 54325. Once you send the message, you will receive a message containing your DTH number or unique customer ID.
- Give a missed call from your registered mobile number to 08130081300.
- Turn on your TV and Airtel DTH set-top box. Tap the ‘Menu’ button on the remote. Navigate to the ‘My Account’ option. Click on it, and the next screen should display your Customer ID. It is also known as the DTH Number.