Telecom operators have a security wall to prevent any misuse of their SIM Cards. A PIN is asked by the company to enter before accessing a new SIM card. If entered wrong more than three times, the SIM card gets blocked. After this, a PUK code becomes necessary to unlock the SIM Card. These are unique and different for every Telecom operator. However, if you are an Airtel user, then you are in luck. In this article, we will tell you how to get the PUK Code for Airtel.
Airtel is one of the leading telecom providers in the country, and there are various ways through which it allows users to access their PUK code.
What is Airtel PUK Code?
Airtel PUK Code can be described as a security wall restricting SIM cards’ access to other users. It is also known as Personal Unblocking Number, a code used to unblock a SIM Card used to clear SIM Card if the SIM Card is blocked by using a PIN three times. It is usually written on the SIM Card or the envelope provided along with the SIM. You may also explore more here.
What is the default Airtel PUK Code?
Before going into further details, it is essential to know the default PUK code of the Airtel SIM Card.
Operators use four times ‘0’ (0000) or 1234 as their default 4-digit PIN. For Airtel. The default PIN is ‘1234’; in case this does not work, try using ‘0000’ or ‘00000000’.
How to unlock Airtel PUK Code?
Airtel SIM Card can be unlocked via SMS, have a look at the steps below:
- Find an alternate Airtel SIM Card
- Look for the PUK code printed on the backside of the SIM body
- Type your locked phone number and send it to 785 via SMS
- Now, type with PUK > <Space> 15-digit SIM number and send it to 121
- Airtel will instantly send you an 8-digit code; this will be your PUK code
- Enter the code into your locked Airtel mobile, and it will be unlocked
By USSD Code
A simple USSD code can be helpful to unlock your Airtel SIM Card:
- From another Airtel mobile number, dial *121*51#
- Press ‘OK’ on the pop that appears on the screen
- Similarly, another pop-up will appear on the screen
- Select the PUK option, which will appear at number 3
- Enter your D.O.B. to verify your identity
- Your new PUK code will be shown to you on your screen
- Enter it on your mobile device to unlock your Airtel SIM
In case you are connected to the internet, using the website to unlock your SIM Card is another option:
- Visit the official Airtel Website and log in using another Airtel Sim Card number
- You would be required to enter OTP, and you would be logged in
- The phone number associated with the account will appear on the screen
- The website will show the IMEI number of the device and the PUK Code of Airtel SIM
- Enter it to unlock your Airtel SIM Card
Via Customer Care
Using customer care can be one of the more accessible options to solve the issue. Check out the steps below:
- Dial ‘121’ from an alternate Airtel Number.
- Request the Airtel PUK code and tell them the problem faced by you.
- Kindly confirm all the details asked by the executive on the call. You will be asked to provide a 15- digit SIM number printed on the backside of your SIM card.
- Once verified, you will be provided with a new PUK code.
- Enter it on your locked Airtel mobile number, and your SIM card should be unlocked.
How do I get the PUK code for Airtel 4G?
You can use any of the above-mentioned methods to get the PUK code if you are an Airtel 4G or Airtel 5G subscriber.
1. Why does the Airtel PUK code problem arise?
Airtel PUK code problem arises when a user forgets the SIM password and enters the wrong password more than three times.
2. How to unlock an Airtel SIM card online?
Just download and install the ‘My Airtel App’ and request for PUK code. After completing the verification, you will receive an Airtel PUK 8-digit code shortly. Checkout more related info here
3. Can I get a new PUK code if I forget?
It is possible to get a new PUK code if a user forgets is possible. We have mentioned all the steps through which one can do so.