Have you lost your Airtel SIM or your smartphone with the Airtel SIM inside? The good news is that you can easily block your lost SIM card and get a new SIM issued with the same number. If you are wondering how to do so, you’re in the right place. Here we will lay down all the steps necessary to block an Airtel SIM and get a new SIM.
In case of a lost or stolen SIM, there’s only one method to block the SIM, which is to call up the customer care number. Additionally, users can visit the nearest Airtel customer care centre and get the old SIM blocked and pick up a new SIM at the same time. Below are the steps to block Airtel prepaid and postpaid SIM and get a new duplicate SIM card.
How to block Airtel SIM by calling from Airtel number?
According to the official website of the telco, customers can call a designated number to get their Airtel SIM blocked. Below are the steps to lock your lost Airtel SIM by calling an Airtel number.
- Keep recently dialled numbers, last recharge value, and address or ID proof associated with the lost SIM handy
- Dial 121 or 9849098490 and press call
- You’ll be asked to verify the details mentioned above
- Once verified, your Airtel SIM will be blocked
How to block airtel SIM by calling from a non-Airtel number?
In case you don’t have access to an Airtel number, you can still block your lost Airtel SIM. You can follow the below steps from a non-Airtel number.
- Open the dialer on your smartphone
- Dial 1800-103-4444 (toll-free) and press call
- You’ll be asked to verify recently dialled numbers, last recharge value, and address or ID proof
- Verify the above details on call
- Your lost Airtel SIM will now be deactivated
Bear in mind, these methods are applicable for both Airtel prepaid and postpaid numbers. Once you have blocked the number, you can opt to unlock or unblock the SIM — if it’s found — by following the same steps.
How to get a new Airtel SIM with the same mobile number?
You can easily get a new SIM issued to you with the same number once you have blocked the lost SIM. Here’s how you can do so.
- Go to the Airtel Store locator on the official website
- Enter your city name or area pincode to find the nearest Airtel Store to you
- Visit the nearest Airtel store with your ID proof and two passport size photos
- Fill out the required form, complete ID verification, and pay the new SIM charge (Rs 25 – Rs 100)
- Insert the SIM in your phone and dial 59059 to activate the SIM
- Verify details like address, date of birth and more