Airtel is the second-largest telecom and the most popular telecom company in India. The company offers various types of customer support services to its users for their convenience. SMSC (short message service centre) is one of them. The service is intended to help users facing issues with their messaging services. This article will discuss the Airtel SMS centre service in detail. So, let’s explore more:
What is an Airtel SMS Center
Airtel SMS centre (short message service centre) is a message distribution centre that process SMS operations of a wireless network. When a user sends a message from his/her device, it first reaches the SMS centre and then is directed to the independent recipient. Thus, if you are facing an issue sending messages with your Airtel SIM card, you may use this Airtel SMS centre number to fix the same. For more related information, check out this.
State-wise list of Airtel SMS centre number
Undermentioned is a state-wise list of Airtel SMS centre numbers:
|Airtel SMS centre Number for all States||Phone Number|
|Airtel SMSC for Delhi||+919810051914|
|Airtel SMSC for Bihar||+919831029416|
|Airtel SMSC for Gujrat||+919831029416|
|Airtel SMSC for Uttar Pradesh||+919810051914|
|Airtel SMSC for UP East||+919810051914|
|Airtel SMSC for UP West||+919810051914|
|Airtel SMSC for Karnataka||+919845086007|
|Airtel SMSC for Maharashtra||+919898051916|
|Airtel SMSC for Chennai||+919898051914|
|Airtel SMSC for West Bengal||+919932029007|
|Airtel SMSC for Tamil Nadu||+919898051914|
|Airtel SMSC for Andhra Pradesh||+919849087001|
|Airtel SMSC for Bangalore||+919849087001|
|Airtel SMSC for Assam||+919818023015|
|Airtel SMSC for Haryana||+919810051914|
|Airtel SMSC for Uttarakhand||+919845086020|
|Airtel SMSC for Jammu and Kashmir||+919845086007|
|Airtel SMSC for Punjab||+919815051914|
|Airtel SMSC for Kolkata||+919845086007|
|Airtel SMSC for Mumbai||+919898051916|
How to change/update the Airtel SMS centre number
It is effortless to change/update the SMS centre number for Airtel. Just follow the below-mentioned steps, and you will be all good to go:
- Slide into the ‘settings’ app on your device.
- Find ‘Network and Internet or a similar option in your device settings.
- Tap on ‘Call’ and look out for ‘Advance Settings.
- You can locate an option as ‘SMSC settings’ or similar. Tap on it to change the number.
- Now tally the number entered with your state number and if it differs, replace it with your state number from the above list and update it.
- Kindly note that this process can vary from device to device.
- For more detailed information on the same, explore here.
How to troubleshoot and fix messages not being sent from your Airtel SIM
Before you decide to change your Airtel SMS centre number, try troubleshooting workarounds to check if it helps to solve your issue of not being able to send messages from your Airtel number. Just push the following steps:
- Restart your device: This is the simplest thing that might be helpful to the issue faced by you. It generally helps to solve any temporary problem.
- Clear cache of the messaging application: Clearing any cache helps eliminate any unwanted process running within the app in the background. It is worth trying the effort.
- Updating the app to the latest version: Updates help solve any bug or issue the user faces in the existing version of the app faces. Any general updates help improve the experience and solve any potential issues.
- Calling customer care: It is one of the last resorts that can help solve the issue you face. On connecting with an executive via customer care, you can explain the problem, and he/she will assist you in every way possible.