Airtel stepped into the digital entertainment industry last year with the launch of the Airtel Xstream platform. The company introduced the Airtel Xstream Stick and the Airtel Xstream Box with integrated Chromecast and Android TV for turning any television into a smart TV. The Airtel Xstream Box is an Android 9.0-based 4K hybrid box that offers satellite TV and OTT content.
Users can choose from more than 500 TV channels and also watch OTT content through Airtel Xstream, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and YouTube. The Airtel Xstream Box also offers 4K HDR channels and Dolby Audio for an immersive viewing experience. However, some users are facing issues with Dolby Audio on their Airtel Xstream STB. If you are also facing the same, here’s a step by step guide to enable it.
Airtel Xstream Box Dolby Audio: how to enable
By following the below steps, you will be able to enjoy true Dolby Audio from Airtel Xstream Box. It should work in all OTT apps as well as HD TV channels.
- Switch off your home theater system
- On your TV go to the Airtel TV homescreen
- Navigate to the gear icon in the top pane and click on it
- Scroll down to System Settings and click on Android settings
- From the sidebar that pops out, go to ‘Device Preferences’
- Scroll down to Sound and click on it
- On the next screen, choose manual
- From the options listed, select only Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus and AAC audio formats
- Restart your Airtel Xstream Box
- Turn on your home theater system
After following the above steps, switch to any HD channel and check if the Dolby Audio is enabled. In case you still cannot experience the surround sound, try to toggle between the 2.1 and 5.1 audio formats or optical channels in your home theater, you should be able to experience Dolby Audio.
In order to get true Dolby Audio 5.1 from OTT apps like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, users are required to use Chromecast from their smartphones.