Amazon has become the backbone of online shopping experience for a lot of people. During the pandemic, when everything came to a stall, Amazon made sure that important packages were delivered on time to customers. It also added a lot of new jobs across the world and turned places impacted by lockdown into fulfillment centers.
The real impact of Amazon on the lives of average people has been well documented. However, its impact has become even more stronger to understand during this pandemic year. To understand why it has such an outlasting impact on the people, one needs to look no further than the mobile shopping app.
Amazon app: how to switch accounts
On Amazon mobile app, where in the US or in India or other markets where it operates, it is easier to find the product that you want to purchase. Whether you are looking for electronics, home decor, fashion, toys or groceries, Amazon has its customers covered. Then there are small features that are aimed to elevate the experience.
In India, Amazon has a dedicated section called Funzone, where it hosts quiz and contests to reward its customers. It also makes it extremely easy to have two accounts on the same application. This has been a difficult problem for apps to solve, allowing an user to maintain multiple accounts on the same app.
The problem was so pronounced that some Chinese smartphone makers built a tool called app clone natively to their user experience. This allowed users to clone their app and add another account. On Amazon, however, you can add two more accounts easily and switch between them as per your convenience.
- Download the Amazon mobile app from Google Play Store or App Store.
- Open the app and sign in using your existing account or create a new account.
- Once you sign in, click on the hamburger icon at the top left corner of the app.
- Now click on Settings which will be represented with the flag of the country selected in the app.
- Once you are in settings, click on Switch accounts option.
- The next screen will show all the accounts added to the Amazon app. Select the one that you want to use.
- When you select an account, it might look as if the app has restarted. It is normal.
How to add another account to Amazon app
To switch between multiple accounts, you will first need to add more than one account. It is easy to add an additional account to your Amazon mobile app. While it remains one of the most requested feature on WhatsApp, even Amazon has added that feature. In order to add another account, follow from steps three to six as detailed above.
Now, click on the “Add Account” option. You will be redirected to the login page where you can either add an existing account or create a new account. The e-commerce giant notes that the feature is limited to 10 accounts per session.