Amazon National Science Day Quiz is the latest quiz on the Funzone section of the shopping app. National Science Day 2021 is being celebrated on February 28th, 2021. Ahead of the day, Amazon has pushed out a new quiz that tests your knowledge about CV Raman and his discovery of cosmic rays. The quiz is the latest in a series of contests run by the e-commerce giant aimed to mark a day of prominence or importance in the country as well as around the world.
Amazon National Science Day Quiz joins other contests such as the LG Tone Free Quiz, Ring of Rewards Spin and Win Quiz, Amazon Pay Later Quiz, Amazon Spin and Win Special Edition Quiz and others. Click here to check all the contests run by the company and the winners of these contests will be selected by a lucky draw.
Amazon National Science Day Quiz answers
- Answer 1: (C) Kolkata
- Answer 2: (B) Innovation
- Answer 3: (B) DRDO
- Answer 4: (D) Vikram Sarabhai
- Answer 5: (C) Jagdish Chandra Bose
Want alerts when a new quiz is posted, along with the answers? Follow us on Telegram for timely updates
Amazon National Science Day Quiz questions and answers
Question 1: The Raman Effect was discovered while CV Raman was working in the Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science in which city?
Answer: (C) Kolkata
Question 2: The theme for National Science Day 2021 is ‘Future of STI: Impact on Education, Skills and Work’. What does I in STI stand for?
Answer: (B) Innovation
Question 3: After completing his degree in aeronautical engineering, which of these organisations did APJ Abdul Kalam join in 1958?
Answer: (B) DRDO
Question 4: The Physical Research Laboratory in Ahmedabad founded in 1947, started researching cosmic rays, its operations began from whom residence?
Answer: (D) Vikram Sarabhai
Question 5: Which Indian scientist developed the Galena detector, one of the early semiconductor devices?
Answer: (C) Jagdish Chandra Bose
How to find National Science Day Quiz on Amazon Funzone?
Amazon National Science Day Quiz is an app only contest available on the app and mobile version of the website. In order to find this quiz, go to the Amazon app, search for Funzone and click on the first result. Now, you will find the National Science Day Quiz below the Ring of Rewards Quiz. You can also click here to directly go to the quiz.
Amazon National Science Day Quiz: answer and win Rs 20,000
In India, we celebrate National Science Day on February 28th, 2021 to mark the discovery of cosmic rays by Sir C.V. Raman. The discovery on February 28th, 1928, is called Raman effect and he won the Nobel Prize in Physics for his discovery in 1930. The National Council for Science and Technology Communication (NCSTC) asked the Government of India to designate February 28th as National Science Day in 1986.
The event is now celebrated all over India, especially in schools, colleagues, universities and other academic institutions. The theme of this year’s National Science Day is ‘Future of STI: Impact on Education, Skills and Work’ and comes with a focus on Atmanirbhar Bharat. The day is celebrated to educate about the importance of science in the daily life of people. Amazon National Science Day Quiz also focuses on these aspects. The National Science Day Quiz on Amazon India is being conducted from February 23rd, 2021 to March 3rd, 2021.
A total of five participants will be selected via a random draw of lots carried out during the contest period. The winners will get Rs 20,000 each in the form of Amazon Pay balance and their names will be announced on March 3rd, 2021. Only legal residents of India of age 18 and higher are eligible to participate. You must provide a valid proof of identity such as Voter ID, PAN card, Driving License or Indian Passport if declared winner. Amazon employees, their direct family members and affiliates are not eligible.
Amazon National Science Day Quiz: how to play on Funzone?
- Download the Amazon mobile app from Google Play Store or App Store.
- Log in using your existing account or create a new account.
- Search for Funzone and click on the first result.
- Scroll down to National Science Day Quiz and click on the banner or play now button.
- You can also click here to directly go to the quiz.
- Answer all the questions correctly to enter the pool for the lucky draw.
- The last screen will confirm that you have entered the lucky draw.
Amazon National Science Day Quiz: terms and conditions
- The lucky draw for this quiz will be carried out during the contest period.
- The winners will be informed on email or SMS to claim their prize.
- The winners must have their mobile number verified with Amazon.in to claim the prize.
- All the information shared in connection with the contest will be treated as per Amazon’s privacy notice.
- Your participation is considered as consent to use your image or likeness for promotion.
- Amazon also reserves the right to change the terms and conditions.
- The company can also cancel the contest at any time.
- The quiz is subject to force majeure circumstances.
Amazon National Science Day Quiz: winners list
Amazon will announce the names of the winners on March 3rd, 2021, which is also the last day of the quiz. A total of five participants will be selected as winners and their names will be posted on this website. The winners will get Rs 20,000 each in the form of Amazon Pay balance as their reward. The prize will be delivered or credited to the winners on or before March 13th, 2021.