Amazon Prime membership plans in India offer a bouquet of services to Amazon users in the country. The Prime Membership has been available for a while now and there are two plans that users can choose from. With Prime, users get benefits like Prime Video subscription, Prime Music, Prime Early Access, free express delivery, discounted morning delivery, and more.
If you’ve been looking to get a Prime membership but are on the fence, we’ve explained the benefits you get in detail to help you come to the right decision. Additionally, if you want access to just Prime Video, we’ve also listed down the various Airtel plans which will help you get a free trial for Amazon Prime Video Mobile Edition.
What is Amazon Prime membership?
Amazon Prime is a membership offered by the e-commerce giant globally. A Prime subscription will not only get you access to free delivery and deals on Amazon, but also let you access a host of other Amazon services. These include Prime Video, which is the company’s OTT platform that rivals Netflix and Disney+ Hotstar, and Prime Music, a music streaming service like Spotify and Apple Music.
Amazon Prime membership plans in India: fee, validity
Amazon India is offering a Prime membership in two plans – quarterly and annually. The previously available monthly plan has been discontinued, as has the free trial. Below are the details of Amazon Prime membership in the country.
|Amazon Prime Membership Plan||Validity||Price|
|3-month plan||3 months||Rs 329|
|12-month plan||12 months||Rs 999|
Amazon Prime quarterly membership fee
The Amazon Prime quarterly subscription comes with a validity of three months. Users are required to pay Rs 329 for this plan every quarter.
Amazon Prime annual membership fee
The Prime Membership annual plan is priced at Rs 999. If you plan to use Amazon services regularly, this is by far the better option, since it works out to be Rs 317 cheaper per year than the quarterly plan.
Amazon Prime benefits
As mentioned already, Amazon Prime is a membership program offering a multitude of benefits to Amazon users. We’ve listed all the benefits in detail below:
- Amazon Prime Delivery benefits: free one/two-day delivery, no-rush shipping with Rs 25 cashback, scheduled delivery, Same-Day delivery, discounted morning and express delivery, no minimum order value for standard delivery
- Amazon Prime Early Access: Amazon Prime members get to enjoy early access to sales and campaigns, a day ahead of other users
- Amazon Prime exclusive deals: Amazon India offers exclusive deals of the day and lightning deals to Prime members
- Prime Video subscription: Amazon Prime membership comes with a Prime Video subscription offering access to a rich library of regional content, Amazon Originals, and international as well as Indian shows
- Prime Music subscription: Amazon Prime users can access over 2 million songs with no ads
- Prime Reading subscription: Prime members can access and borrow Kindle titles from the Prime Reading library and read on Kindle or Kindle app
- Prime Gaming offers: Amazon Prime also offers free in-game content every month including some third-party content
- Amazon Family offers: Prime members can avail of 15 percent discount on Subscribe and Save subscriptions for products that are purchased at regular intervals
- Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card benefits: Amazon offers 5 percent cashback to eligible users on orders placed using Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card
Prime Video Mobile Edition free trial
Airtel has collaborated with Amazon India to offer a Prime Video Mobile Edition free trial with its prepaid recharge plan. The new Prime Video Mobile Edition is a mobile-only plan to take on Netflix’s mobile-only plan. The single-user plan is available only with Airtel prepaid recharge plans and is not available to purchase separately. Here’s the list of Airtel recharge plans offering Prime Video Mobile Edition subscription.
|Airtel Prepaid Plan Price||Unlimited Calling||Data||SMS||Validity|
|Rs 129||Yes||1GB||300||24 days|
|Rs 149||Yes||2GB||300||28 days|
|Rs 199||Yes||1GB per day||100 SMS/day||24 days|
|Rs 219||Yes||1GB per day||100 SMS/day||28 days|
|Rs 249||Yes||1.5GB per day||100 SMS/day||28 days|
|Rs 289||Yes||1.5GB per day||100 SMS/day||28 days|
|Rs 298||Yes||2GB per day||100 SMS/day||28 days|
|Rs 299||Yes||1.5GB per day||100 SMS/day||28 days|
|Rs 379||Yes||6GB||900 SMS||84 days|
|Rs 398||Yes||3GB per day||100 SMS/day||28 days|
|Rs 399||Yes||1.5GB per day||100 SMS/day||56 days|
|Rs 448||Yes||3GB per day||100 SMS/day||28 days|
|Rs 449||Yes||2GB per day||100 SMS/day||56 days|
|Rs 456||Yes||50GB||100 SMS/day||60 days|
|Rs 558||Yes||3GB per day||100 SMS/day||56 days|
|Rs 598||Yes||1.5GB per day||100 SMS/day||84 days|
|Rs 599||Yes||2GB per day||100 SMS/day||56 days|
|Rs 698||Yes||2GB per day||100 SMS/day||84 days|
|Rs 1,498||Yes||24GB||3,600 SMS||365 days|
|Rs 2,498||Yes||2GB per day||100 SMS/day||365 days|
|Rs 2,698||Yes||2GB per day||100 SMS/day||365 days|
Amazon Prime FAQs
Is Amazon Prime worth it in India?
Yes, for just Rs 999 per year you get free access to Prime Video, Prime Music, Prime Reading and a host of Amazon India exclusive deals with priority delivery.
Which Amazon Prime membership plan is best?
The Rs 999 Amazon Prime membership plan is considered the best for anyone looking to maximise saving with a truckload of offers.