Reports suggest that it will increase the price of out-of-warranty battery replacements. According to a report from Apple Insider, Apple will be increased the costs of battery replacements from $20 (approximately Rs 1,600) to $50 (approximately Rs 4,000), depending on the devices, starting from March 1, 2023. The changes have been made for the US market. It isn’t currently known if or when the changes will be implemented for the Indian market.
“The current out-of-warranty battery service fee will apply until February 2023. Effective March 1, 2023, the out-of-warranty battery service fee will be increased by $20 for all iPhone models before iPhone 14.” says Apple.
Apple iPhone Battery Replacement Costs For iPhones
iPhone battery replacements have been increased by $20 (approximately Rs 1,600) for all the iPhones before iPhone 14 series.
- iPhone 5 to iPhone 8 series: Price has been increased from $49 (approximately Rs 4,000) to $69 (approximately Rs 5,600).
- iPhone X to iPhone 13 series: Price has been increased from $69 (approximately Rs 5,600) to $89 (approximately Rs 7,300).
iPhone 14 series battery replacement costs $99 (approximately Rs 8,100) in the US.
Battery Replacement Cost Change is Applicable For Macbooks & iPads as well
Here are the battery replacement costs for Macbooks:
- MacBook Air (all eligible models): $159 (approximately Rs 13,000), up from $129 (approximately Rs 10,500)
- MacBook Pro: $249 (approximately Rs 20,400), up from $199 (approximately Rs 16,300)
- MacBook (2016 and 2017 models): same as the MacBook Pro range
Here are the battery replacement costs for iPads:
- iPad (all generations): $99 (approximately Rs 8,100) to $199 (approximately Rs 16,300)
- 6th gen iPad Pro 12.9: $179 (approximately Rs 14,700)
- 4th gen iPad Pro 11: $149 (approximately Rs 12,200)