- iOS 15.4.1 and iPadOS 15.4.1 has been released
- Both updates have been released to fix battery drain issues
- These updates also include bug fixes and performance improvements
Apple has released iOS 15.4.1 and iPadOS 15.4.1 for iPhone and iPad users. In the previous month, the company rolled out the iOS 15.4 and iPadOS 15.4 updates, which brought features like Universal Control, new emojis, improvements to Siri, and more. However, many users reportedly encountered battery drain issues after installing the 15.4 update on their iPhone and iPad.
While the new update has other bug fixes, it seems that the major reason behind rolling out iOS 15.4.1 and iPadOS 15.4.1 is to fix battery drain issues that surfaced after updating iOS / iPad 15.4. In addition, Apple has also released tvOS 15.4.1, watchOS 8.5.1, and macOS 12.3.1 to all users.
iOS 15.4.1, iPadOS 15.4.1 update: release notes
The release notes for iOS 15.4.1 and iPadOS 15.4.1 state that they contain bug fixes for the following issues:
- Battery may drain more quickly than expected after updating to iOS 15.4
- Braille devices may become unresponsive while navigating text or displaying an alert
- Made for iPhone / iPad hearing devices may lose connection within some third-party apps
Users can head to the Settings app, choose General, and tap on Software Update to install the 15.4.1 update on their iPhone or iPad.
To recall, while iOS 15.4 added support for Face ID while wearing a mask on iPhones 12 and up, iPadOS 15.4 brought the Universal Control feature, which allows users to use a single mouse and keyboard across iPad and Mac. Both updates brought other common features, such as new emojis, support for a new voice for Siri, and more.
The iOS 15.4 and 15.4.1 can be installed on the iPhone 6s and above. On the other hand, iPadOS 15.4 and 15.4.1 have been released for the iPad Pro (all models), iPad Air 2 and later, iPad 5th generation and later, and iPad Mini and later.