- Fans of Avatar will be able to enjoy the sequel 13 years after the release of the first film.
- Titled ‘Avatar: The Way of Water,’ makers have planned a new viewing experience for the audience this time.
- Avatar: The Way of Water will be released in 3D and IMAX3D
After a long wait, fans of Avatar will be able to enjoy the highly anticipated sequel of the film before the end of 2022. Reports state that three more such films will follow, and there won’t be any movies quite like the ones created by the eminent James Cameron. the next instalment of the film,
Avatar: The Way of Water – Trailer and Premise
The story will revolve around Jake Sully and Neytiri, the two heroes who are exploring the dangerous planet of Pandora with their children and face challenges as one of their old enemies returns to seek revenge. What follows in this sequel is how the family prepares for the coming war. Thirteen years after being in development and after numerous delays, the sequel, titled Avatar: The Way of Water, will hit the theatres.
Trade reports state that Avatar is the highest-grossing film of all time and has also set a benchmark for how CGI and special effects can be used with excellence in a film. While several experts and critics called the film overrated, there has been a unanimous discussion on Avatar being one of the most prominent and culturally relevant films in today’s time.
Avatar: The Way of Water – Viewing Experience: 3D and IMAX 3D
With this new release, post a decade, fans will be able to be a part of Pandora with enhanced visuals of 3D and IMAX 3D. Makers have always insisted the audience watch the films with supported and suggested technology. After receiving a thunderous response for the same, the team has now taken things a step further by presenting the remastered version of Avatar.
Though the technology witnessed success in the 2000s, the actual benefit of this differentiated experience was termed as success, with Avatar being presented with enhanced quality towards the end of the decade.
It is being said that the film will be a new experience altogether, with two different technologies and qualities completing the production. While not many understand the difference between 3D and IMAX 3D, it is worth knowing that in 3D, the image and projection quality in a theatre improves the experience. However, through IMAX 3D, the brightness and clarity in 3D images make the viewing even more including by making visuals appear towards or away from the audience.
Important points about 3D viewing
- The illusion of 3-Dimensional depth is supported using linear polarization
- Traditional in nature, the principles are based and dependent on 3D stereoscopic glasses.
- These devices are designed for motion effects and visuals to be viewed from any direction.
- Using polarized lenses, these images are projected onto the screen and seem realistic when viewed using the glasses.
- The motion picture enhances the illusion of depth perception.
Important points about IMAX 3D experience
- Uses film-based motion picture that generates high image resolution supported by advanced polarization principles.
- Real 3D effects are provided with enhanced virtual and real image quality and effects
- Using large circular screens, the viewers enjoy the visuals with the maximum project as expected by the motion picture film format.
- Display pictures images are greater in size and better in resolution.
- The use of specialized projectors for the IMAX 3D experience delivers 3-Dimensional images bright and clear.
- Two separate images, one for each eye, are projected on a special IMAX 3D screen, as using the supported glasses helps watch each image with a different view.
- The theatres are designed and constructed differently for the audience to enjoy the movie from all directions
What to Choose – 3D or IMAX 3D?
The answer to this is simple. With improving technology and with the invention of new experiences, making the most of the newly developed opportunities is key. It is evident that IMAX 3D has more advantages than that 3D. While both offer improved picture quality, dynamics related to geometry, projection, visual effects presentation and more should be considered. Though considerably more expensive than the regular 3D experience, IMAX 3D has several benefits, which in the case of many movies, can make your viewing highly advanced with technically and strategically improved audio and video quality. To make the most of real motion and viewing effects, viewers are advised to support and spend technology designed for viewers’ feel to be made significantly better. Not all films are designed keeping IMAX 3D technicalities in mind, but ones that promote this viewing, need to be given a thought!