Battlegrounds Mobile India Series (BGIS) 2021 registrations are now open for all. Notably, the debut esports tournament by Krafton is also the biggest ever in the history of the Indian esports industry. The total prize pool is Rs 1 crore with the winning team bagging Rs 50 lakh. The registrations are open till August 1st, after which the in-game qualifiers will begin followed by online qualifiers and then the championship.
Battlegrounds Mobile India Series (BGIS) 2021: registration details, prize pool, qualifier criteria and more
Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI) 1.5 update: new patch to fix known issues rolling out now
The Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI) Series 2021 will be hosted for three months till October 10th. There will be several stages in the tournament including in-game qualifiers, online qualifiers, quarter-finals, semi-finals, and finals. Krafton has laid out detailed terms and conditions of the competition and qualifier criteria for the tournament. Here is everything you need to know about the tournament registration process.
Battlegrounds Mobile India Series 2021: how to register
The registration for the Battlegrounds Mobile India Series 2021 is now open in the country. Anyone can sign up for the tournament with a squad of four. The registrations will go on till August 1st, and the qualifiers will begin from August 2nd. You will need a team captain, team owner and a four-member squad to register. Below are the steps to register for the
- Visit the official BGIS website
- Click on the Register Now button
- Fill out your team details like name, owner name, email address, mobile number, and city
- In case the captain is also team owner, tick the last box
- Click on Next
- Next, you’ll be required to enter the team captain’s details like name, date of birth, gender, email address, character id, in-game name, id proof, city, and state
- Click on Next button
- Enter the same details as the captain for your squad (player 2, 3 and 4)
- Click on Next
- Next, agree with the terms and conditions and follow the onscreen instructions
- You’ll now receive a Registration Succesful SMS and email from the website
What is the last date to register for the tournament?
The Battlegrounds Mobile India Series (BGIS) 2021 registration is open from July 19th to August 1st. On August 1st, the registrations for the tournament will close. The tournament will begin from the next day, August 2nd with in-game and online qualifiers scheduled till September 12th.
What is character ID and how to find it?
Your character ID in BGMI is a unique number with 5-12 digits, which is used by other players to identify you in the game. It can be used to search any player to send friend requests, check their stats, or report them. Here’s how you can find your character ID and in-game name.
- Open BGMI on your smartphone
- Allow some time for the game to load
- Once you see the home screen, swipe to the right or click on the left-most icon among the three you see on the top in the middle
- You’ll see your profile card in the top-left corner
- Tap on the profile card to expand it
- You can now see your in-game name and the character ID next to your profile picture on the top
- In case you want to copy the character ID, simply click on the icon next to it
Battlegrounds Mobile India Series 2021 rules
To be able to register for the BGIS 2021, the player has to be an Indian national over 16 years of age. Apart from this, the player must have a ranking of level 15 and above with Platinum V tier. Below are some of the other rules of BGIS 2021.
- Players must have a valid ID proof issued by a government authority
- A team member or coach can compete for only one team that they have registered with
- Gamer tags, team name, and logo will be selected at the time of registration and cannot be changed
- A gamer tag, team name, or logo must not include offensive language or part of a corporate name or trademark
- Each team must have four members at all times during the competition
- Each team must have a designated captain who will be their point of contact with tournament officials
- Each team must have a designated manager under contract for all communications between KRAFTON and the owner
- The in-game character of all players must remain fully clothed in the game after they leave the lobby
- Teams must not associate themselves with sponsors promoting product/service prohibited by law or any competitor of Krafton and its affiliates
- The tournament organiser might ask players to wear jackets, jerseys, hats, and warm-ups that feature the official competition sponsors in all streamed events
- Colluding with other players, cheating, exploiting, proxy, hateful speech, violence, use of substances, gambling, and streaming is not allowed
- Krafton has also listed out a set of unprofessional behaviour including harassment in all forms, discrimination, denigration, defamation, bribery, match-fixing, and more
- Players will have to play 15 in-game matches with their registered team members during qualifiers to enter the competition
What is not allowed in Battlegrounds Mobile India Series 2021?
According to the BGIS 2021 rulebook, players are allowed to participate using only handheld mobile phones running the Android operating system. Use of peripheral devices like adapters, controllers, Bluetooth keyboards and mice are prohibited. Additionally, no player should use an emulator like Bluestacks to play on PC or any other device that is not an Android smartphone.
Additionally, teams cannot participate without four members on the roster. This is the minimum and the maximum number of permissible team members for the tournament. Once the registration period ends, teams cannot change or substitute their members.
Battlegrounds Mobile India Series 2021 format
Battlegrounds Mobile India Series 2021 will be played in phases for three months from July 19th to October 10th. The first stage is registration which will be open from July 19th till August 1st. Following registrations, in-game and online qualifiers will be held from August 2nd to September 12th. The tournament will then move on to quarter-finals, semi-finals and finals.
Battlegrounds Mobile India Series 2021 schedule
|BGIS Stages||Dates||Number of qualifying teams|
|BGIS registrations||July 19th – August 1st||–|
|BGIS in-game qualifiers||August 2nd – August 8th||1,024|
|BGIS online qualifiers||August 17th – September 12th||64|
|BGIS Quarter Finals||September 16th – September 28th||24|
|BGIS Semi-Finals||September 30th – October 3rd||16|
|BGIS Grand Finals||October 7th – October 10th||Winner|