Battlegrounds Mobile India aka PUBG Mobile is back in India after a long wait. On June 17th, developer Krafton released an early access version of the game that’s now available for all users. BGMI arrives with a similar user interface and gameplay experience to PUBG Mobile. In fact, the company is allowing gaming enthusiasts to migrate their data from PUBG Mobile, and the list of transferable items also include nicknames.
Many users prefer having a unique name that helps them be easily identified during matches. In some cases, players might want to retain their PUBG Mobile names in BGMI. However, there will be instances where players will want to change their names, either to switch to a better option or to match their team for an event. The good news is that you can use rename cards to change your BGMI name easily. Here in this article, we have listed some simple steps which will help you change your name on Battlegrounds Mobile India.
How to change name in BGMI
To change your name on Battlegrounds Mobile India, follow the steps below and you are all set to go.
1. Launch the game on your Android device.
2. Once you are on the homepage of the game, tap on “Inventory” on the bottom-right.
3. Tap on the box icon shown on the screenshot shared below.
4. You’ll see a list of rewards. Scroll down and find the “Rename Card” reward.
5. Tap on “Rename Card” and hit the “Use” button.
6. Enter your new nickname in the pop-up
7. Enter your desired name and tap on the OK button and you’re all set to go.
Krafton has provided at least one free rename card to all players which they can use to make the changes. In case you’ve used up your free card, head to the in-game shop and purchase one for yourself. The Rename card will cost you 180 UC.
How to change appearance in BGMI
- Launch the game on your phone.
- Select your default character (the option is available only for the default characters).
- Head to the inventory tab, where you can see an option: “appearance” on the left side of the screen.
- Click on the “Appearance” button.
- Now you can customise your character as per your requirement.
- Make the required changes to image and basic information, and once you’re done hit the save button.