Krafton released the early access version of Battlegrounds Mobile India recently, which is the beta version of one of the most awaited online multiplayer game titles. Being the beta version, some bugs and other issues can be expected. Recently, some early access users reported that they were facing a glitch that was causing issues with matchmaking and downloading new maps.
Krafton has posted an update confirming that it is rolling out a patch to fix the bug. Unfortunately, the patch isn’t automatically applied and players need to follow some manual steps to fix the issue. The is likely due to the fact that BGMI is still in beta release. Here are the steps to follow to get rid of any matchmaking and map download issues you may be facing.
BGMI: how to fix map download and matchmaking issues
As per Krafton, you need to follow the steps below and restart the game to resolve the issue.
- Launch the app on your smartphone.
- At the bottom right of the screen, tap on the ‘Settings’.
- Now tap on the ‘Logout’ button.
- You will see the ‘Repair’ button on the right-hand side of the display.
- Click on ‘Repair’ and hit the ‘Ok’ button (make sure you tick the box for ‘Routine Repair’).
- The patch will start installing automatically.
- Close the game and restart.
- Log in to your account and you’re all to play the game.
Once the stable version of the game starts rolling out widely, it’s unlikely that players will need to apply patches manually. If the mentioned steps worked for you, let us know in the comments.