- Krafton will now ban smartphones used for cheating in BGMI
- The ban will be permanent to make fair gameplay more effective
- The banned players will not be allowed to enter the game with the same device
Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI) is one of the most popular battle royale video games in India. Due to this towering popularity, hackers have infilterated the game, making it unplayable for other players. Krafton has imposed many restrictions and bans over these last 12 months, but nothing seems to work. As the next step in fair gameplay, the South Korean gaming company has announced hardware bans for cheaters.
Krafton has focused on fair gameplay since the initial stage of the game, and it continues to strive for a better gaming experience. However, with the release of the 1.7 update, the game has become a hub of hackers who use different IDs to log in to the game. This calls for desperate measures and, to eradicate hackers from the game, developers have finally opted for a permanent device ban.
Krafton will now ban smartphones used for cheating in BGMI
Battlegrounds Mobile India was released as an alternative to the now-banned PUBG: Mobile. The game took less than 12 months to become one of the most played battle royale games in India. According to sources, Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI) records 34 million registered players, and 16 million daily active users in the quarter of 2021. Since we are at the end of the year, the amount of players has doubled, and so did hackers!
Krafton has always focused on promoting fair gameplay to provide a comfortable gaming experience for all the players. The developer recently banned lakhs of players inside the game and offered rewards for other players who reported hackers. However, these players always re-enter the game with new IDs. To stop these hackers, BGMI announced a ban on hardware devices for cheating. The post was also shared with the company’s Instagram, and it listed the terms and conditions of the ban.
BGMI hardware ban: terms and conditions
Here are the terms and conditions of the new hardware ban from Krafton. The ban will be effective from December 24th, 2021, and players found guilty of using illegal programs will be banned from the game along with their devices. More details are given below.
- The new security login will detect illegal programs on the mobile phone
- The ban will begin on December 24th, 2021
- The new ban feature is already added to PUBG: Mobile and BGMI is following the same steps to promote fair gameplay
- If found guilty of cheating, the said player along with their device will be banned permanently from the game
- The banned player cannot participate in matches even if they use different ID’s