How to change BSNL broadband plan is a question that is bound to pop-up in every BSNL broadband user’s mind now and then. Since the state-run telco has been aggressively updating its plans by offering benefits like Disney+ Hotstar Premium subscriptions and more, it’s natural for users to wonder how to change their BSNL broadband plan.
Contrary to popular belief, changing your BSNL broadband plan is not a complicated process and doesn’t require a visit to the BSNL office. If you are registered on the BSNL Self Care Portal, you can do so easily from the comfort of your home. Let’s take a look at the step-by-step process of how to change BSNL broadband plan.
You will need to sign up on the BSNL Self Care portal in order to change your BSNL broadband plan. New users can easily sign up by providing their details like name, email ID, and mobile number. Once you have signed up, proceed to the following steps to change the BSNL broadband plan online.
- Visit the official BSNl Self Care portal
- Sign in using your credentials and captcha verification
- On the next page, click on ‘Billing Account Number‘
- Choose ‘Modify Services‘ from the options on the left
- Click on ‘Change Tariff Plan‘
- You’ll be shown three new tabs – Declaration, Service Type, Select Plan, and Confirmation
- Under Declaration, tick the check box next to ‘I have read and understood the stated terms and conditions’ and click ‘Next‘
- Under Service Type, select your landline number and broadband service, and click ‘Next‘
- Under Select Plan, you’ll be shown your existing plan and a host of new plans to choose from
- Tick your existing plan and the new plan that you want to switch to, and click ‘Next‘
- Finally, the confirmation tab will open showing the existing and new plan
- Click on ‘Submit Change‘
Once you have completed the above steps, you’ll be provided with a service request number. On the next business day, a BSNL official will call on your registered number to confirm the plan change. Once you confirm the same, your new plan will be activated.
Additionally, BSNL sends a notification to your registered number when the daily data limit is exhausted. The notification gives users an option to either continue with the existing plan or change to a new plan. Users can migrate to a different plan by clicking on the ‘Change to a new plan‘ option.
BSNL broadband plan FAQs
How can I check my existing BSNL broadband plan?
You can check your existing BSNL broadband plan by logging into the BSNL Self Care portal and clicking the Account Number shown against ‘Broadband‘.