BSNL SIM activation is not as tough as many assume it to be. The state-run telecom operator has introduced a new simplified method to activate a new BSNL 4G SIM. Through this method, the PSU performs a tele-verification of the customer over a call to activate the new SIM card.
However, not everyone is aware of the tele-verification process and are thus unable to do so. This is a more common issue in rural areas where BSNL is often the only telecom operator available and people are unaware of how to activate the SIM. If you are also wondering how to activate your new BSNL SIM, here’s a step-by-step guide.
How to activate new BSNL 4G SIM
Users can purchase a new BSNL SIM from the authorized service centre or local mobile distributors. Once you get your SIM, you’ll need to activate it in order to start using it. Below are the steps to activate your BSNL 4G SIM.
- Turn off your mobile phone and insert your BSNL SIM card
- Now, turn it back on and wait for the network signal to appear
- Once you see the network signal on top of the display open the phone app
- Dial 1507 from your phone and confirm your identity
- You will be asked questions like language, identity proof, address proof, and more
- Complete the tele-verification step as guided
- Once completed, your BSNL SIM will be successfully activated
- You will receive handset-specific internet settings
- Save these settings and your SIM Card will be fully working
- You can now start using the SIM for calling and Internet services
BSNL users can also call 123 and follow the prompts of the IVRS to know their balance amount. Once that’s done, users can start using their SIM for calls and services.