CBSE CHITRAM Online Art Workshop & Competition 2021 is the newest contest announced by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The contest comes right after CBSE Junior Skills Championship and CBSE Reading Challenge 2.0. With students learning from home, CBSE seems to be focusing on challenges, competition and contests that motivates these kids to stay sharp and competitive even while at home.
The contest is being introduced as part of NEP 2020 recommendation which calls for Art integration as a cross-curricular pedagogical approach. Through this contest, the central focus is to educate students about art and how it ties with their core education and can become an integral part of their classroom.
What is the CBSE CHITRAM Online Art Workshop & Competition 2021?
The CBSE CHITRAM Online Art Workshop & Competition 2021 is being held on the construct of NEP 2020 which recommends integration of art that utilises various aspects and forms of Art & Culture as the basis for learning of concepts across subjects. The NEP 2020 recommends this approach in the classroom transactions for
- Promoting experiential learning
- Imbibing the Indian ethos through integration of Indian Art & Culture in the teaching and learning process
- Strengthening the linkage between education and culture.
In order to eliminate the silos between various disciplines, CBSE is organizing CHITRAM as a two days online art workshop for teachers and art competition for students. The event aims to “promote understanding of Arts and its Integration in teaching learning process”.
Here is the details of the programme:
|Date & Time||Agenda/Theme of the workshop and Art Competition||Venue School||Registration link for online programme|
|08th April, 2021
9am to 4pm
|Art Integration workshop by eminent
artists followed by Art Integrated
multidisciplinary group activities and
presentations by teachers.
School, Plot no
|09th April, 2021
9:30am to 4pm
|Art competition for students (Medium: Water colours, Colour Pencils & Oil pastels)
Category/Themes for Art competition
a. Class V-VI Still Life
b. Class VII-VIII City scape/landscape
c. Class IX & XI Abstract Art
CBSE CHITRAM Online Art Workshop & Competition 2021: eligibility and program details
As mentioned above, this is a two day event where the first day will be a workshop for teachers while the second day will be an art competition for students. CBSE Students studying in Class V, Class VI, Class VII, Class VIII, Class IX and Class XI are allowed to participate. Here is program schedule you need to know
9th April, 2021
|9.30am to 9.50am||Inaugural ceremony and
Joining instructions to participants.
|9.50am to 10am||Participants will move to their respective competition rooms.|
|10am to 12.30pm||Competition starts|
|12.30pm to 1pm||Lunch|
|3pm to 4pm
Principals of CBSE Schools
Participants of Chitram
Welcoming Chairperson of CBSE to
Chitram 2021- presentation and display
at Online Varnalepana Art Gallery.
Valediction Program Schedule details:
Lighting of the lamp
Welcome address by Principal
Address by Chairman
Presentation and display of Online
Varnalepana Art Gallery
Inspirational Address by
CBSE CHITRAM Online Art Workshop & Competition 2021: terms and conditions
- All the participating teachers must join or report 15 minutes before the scheduled time on 8th April, 2021.
- The participating students must login at 9.30 am on 09th April, 2021 to receive further instructions.
- They will get the joining time through the participation link from 9.50am to 10am
- Competition time will be from 10am to 12.30pm.
- The joining and uploading link for the workshop/competition will be provided by the venue school.
- Please refer to the annexure attached for further details.
- There is no participation fee for the workshop/competition.