CBSE Junior Skills Championship is the newest contest for CBSE school students. The Reading Challenge 2.0 was interesting but the Skills Championship takes it to a whole new level. This is a first of its kind skill championship being conducted by the National Skill Development Corporation in partnership with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
The championship is aimed at students studying in class VI to XII and is meant to allow them to exhibit their passion. With CBSE students also learning from home, this initiative is meant to further stoke their creativity and help them explore their interests and creative passion in different areas.
What is the CBSE Junior Skills Championship?
The CBSE Junior Skills Championship aims to help students from Class VI to XII to explore and exhibit their passion for a particular skill. Based on this exhibit, they will receive appropriate technical and vocational educational training. These training will be designed to help these kids harness their passion. The championship also aims to give these students practical insight into established and emerging skills.
With access to industry experts, students will be able to get insights and guidance through Junior Skills. The contest page notes that the interactions with these experts are designed to help students make informed career choices. If you are a CBSE school student studying in class VI to XII then you are eligible to participate.
CBSE Junior Skills Championship: List of Skill Categories
- Web Technologies: Use your skills to develop functioning websites and codes. Work with special programmes, programming languages, and tagging to create webpages, websites with graphic elements.
- IT Software Solutions for Business: Develop and test software systems and solutions, undertake the integration of several systems and software and perform a cost benefit analysis. Get a window into the world of software developers.
- Graphic Design: Using Adobe illustrator and/or photoshop, combine your skills in design, art, typography, typesetting, illustration, printing, and publishing to create graphic designs for both online and printed publications.
- Visual Merchandising: Use paint brushes, Illustrator, Photoshop, and CorelDraw to create window and interior displays and communicate directly with the target audience through your designs. Create a positive impression designed to increase sales revenue.
- Painting & Decorating: Showcase your skills in materials/ drawings, designs/ colours, painting, decorative coatings, and wallpapering and gilding.
- Mobile Robotics: Use your knowledge of microprocessors, computer programming, mechanical, electrical and control systems to design intelligent fixes to complex problems.
- Fashion Technology: Showcase your skills in design, sketching, technical drawing, draping, pattern making and construction. Use design software to create a finished product you can be proud of.
- Solar Energy: If you are passionate about the environment and familiar with the components and workings of solar energy systems and power plants, and the installation processes, then this skill category is the right fit for you.
- Innovative Business Ideas: As a part of SIDBI’s Mission Swavalamban, go on a virtual journey where you can think, plan, fund, prepare, buy, market, engage and profit from an entrepreneurial venture.
- Digital Photography: Photography can lead to many opportunities for self-employment and serve as a secondary source of income. Junior Skills championship 2021 is an excellent platform for you to showcase your talents and learn from experts in the field of Digital photography.
CBSE Junior Skills Championship: different groups
The Junior Skills Championship is divided into three different groups. The group 1 is for students from Class VI to Class VIII. The group 2 includes students studying in Class IX and Class X. The Class XI and Class XII students belong to group 3. This group is divided on the basis of participants being in selected class as on January 14th, 2021. The students will also not be allowed to change their class for the purpose and duration of the JuniorSkills championship.
CBSE Junior Skills Championship: Skill, Group and Class
CBSE Junior Skills Championship: why should students participate
- Learn skills in a completely new way
- Benchmark your skills to international standards
- Learn from leading experts and professionals across India
- Take a step towards creating a future-ready skilled workforce
- Make informed career choices for a brighter future
- Get an opportunity to compete in the prestigious IndiaSkills competition!
- Top 21 students get an opportunity to travel to the WorldSkills International competition – the Olympic equivalent for skills competitions!
- Get certificates and cash prizes and much more.
CBSE Junior Skills Championship: how to participate and timeline
- Register for the championship individually or through your school.
- Review the Resources and upskill yourself.
- Attend webinars with subject matter experts and industry leaders.
- The championship officially begins.
CBSE Junior Skills Championship: important dates to remember
- Registration Period: January 15th to May 31st, 2021
- Orientation webinar with registered students: July 1st and July 2nd, 2021
- Screening Round 1 (1hour): July 6th, 2021
- Result Announcement: July 11th, 2021
- Orientation Webinars/Training for next round – Skill Wise: July 14th to July 21st, 2021
- Round 2 (2-3 hours): July 23rd, 2021
- Result Announcement: July 28th, 2021
- Orientation Webinars/Training for next round – Skill Wise: July 31st – August 7th, 2021
- Round 3 (3-4 hours): August 10th, 2021
- Result Announcement: August 17th, 2021
- Orientation Webinars/Training for next round – Skill Wise: August 10th – August 26th, 2021
- Round 4 – Finals (4-5 Hrs.): September 4th, 2021