CBSE is doing its best to keep its students engaged while they continue to learn from home. It has been running competitions aimed to keep students engaged and in process, it is challenging their brains. After the Storytelling Competition on Stories of Human Interest, it is back with another contest called CBSE Reading Challenge 2.0.
The competition wants students to be their creative best and it is applicable for students in the class of 8th to 10th for English and Hindi languages. This competition is not as expansive or challenging as the Storytelling competition. But, the idea is a solid competition especially for those students who want to be challenged.
What is CBSE Reading Challenge 2.0?
The CBSE Reading Challenge 2.0 is available on the DIKSHA platform from February 16th to March 15th, 2021. The challenge is available for students from class 8th to 10th and they will be able to participate in either or both the languages. This challenge is available to participate in English and Hindi.
All the students who participate in these contests will get a participation certificate. The idea of this contest is mainly to improve the reading literacy of students in the classes from 8th to 10th. On the contest page, CBSE notes that reading literacy forms the foundation for achievement in other subject areas within the educational systems.
The eligibility criteria is very well defined, for this reading challenge. You must be a CBSE school student to participate and must be a student of Class VIII to Class X. As mentioned above, the contest is being held from February 16th to March 15th, 2021 and students can submit their entries as and when ready.
Once the students have joined the course, they will be able to access different modules of this Course. They can either click on Start Learning or on any one of the modules to access the content. The first module provides a brief introduction to the CBSE Reading Challenge 2.0 course while the second module has some engaging questions for students to practice. The third module is the CBSE Reading Challenge 2.0.
CBSE Reading Challenge 2.0: how to participate
- In order to access this competition, students will have to visit the DIKSHA portal on computer or via the DIKSHA app on their Android phones.
- Apple iPhone users can access the contest on any mobile browser.
- All the participants must have the latest version of the DIKSHA App from Playstore to access this contest quiz.
- Click the links below to access the course in English: http://bit.ly/RC2E_CBSE and in Hindi: http://bit.ly/RC2H_CBSE.
- The above mentioned link will open the login page.
- Students would be required to enter their registered email address and password to
- If they do not have an account on DIKSHA, then they can register for the same by clicking on the “Register here” button on the page.
- They can also sign in with an existing Google account by clicking on “Sign in with Google” button.
- On reaching the “CBSE Reading Challenge 2.0” course home page, click on “Join Course” to register.
CBSE Reading Challenge 2.0: terms and conditions
- Only students studying in Class VIII to Class Xth are eligible to participate.
- Students must ensure that they have their complete profile on the DIKSHA app.
- The reading challenge is open for both English and Hindi languages.
- There will be no merit list displayed at the end of this competition.
- The participation certificate will be issued online on the DIKSHA platform for each student.
- The participation in this competition is voluntary.