Recently, a report suggested that most restaurant and eatery owners in Delhi are planning to make vaccination certificates a must for dining. The COVID-19 vaccination certificate is a proof that you have completed the two-course vaccination dose. This acts as a license or ticket to accessing essential services and necessary services during the lockdown.
The best way to store the COVID-19 vaccination record is to simply download it to your smartphone and save the PDF. Apple recently added a convenient way to add COVID-19 vaccination records on their iPhones. The new feature lets users upload vaccination and test certificates in the Health app to create a vaccination card in the Apple Wallet. Here’s how it works.
How to add COVID-19 vaccination certificate to Apple Wallet on iPhone?
When you get vaccinated from a healthcare provider, you’ll receive a certificate with a QR code on it. This QR code is scanned by the government authorities to access your vaccine records and the same can be used to add your vaccination record on Apple Health and Wallet on iOS. Follow the steps below to add your vaccination record to your iPhone.
- Open the Camera app on your iPhone
- Point the camera at the QR code on your certificate
- Wait for your iPhone to recognise the QR code
- You’ll see Health app notification once the QR code is scanned
- Tap on the notification
- Click on Add to Wallet & Health
- Tap Done
- Your vaccination record will now be saved to the Apple Health and Wallet apps
Bear in mind that the vaccination and test result records on your iPhone work the same as the paper documents. The Apple Health app shows a checkmark against the verifiable health records to indicate that the records have not been modified since it was created.
How to add COVID records to Apple Wallet if they are already added to Apple Health?
If you have already added your vaccination records to your Apple Health app, you can add them to the Apple Wallet as well. Follow the steps below to do this.
- Open the Health app on your iPhone
- Tap on Summary in the bottom left
- Tap on Add to Wallet under Vaccination Record
- If you don’t see the Add to Wallet option, tap on Browse
- Next search for Immunisations
- Click on Immunisation Record Type
- Now select the verifiable vaccination record with the checkmark
- Tap Add to Wallet
After doing this, iPhone users can access their COVID-19 vaccine details anytime after granting biometric authorisation. However, ensure that the iPhone is updated to at least iOS 15.1