COVID vaccine registration for 18+ individuals is currently underway in the country with bookings open through the CoWIN portal. However, due to the shortage of vaccines in the country and the large population, finding a slot has been a task for most. Due to the sheer number of people constantly looking for slots, it’s hard to find slot availability in nearby centres. Due to this, many have been booking slots far away from their location, or even the next town if there’s availability.
COVID vaccination certificate download: how to download vaccine certificate and make corrections online
COVID vaccination centres near me: how to find Covishield, Covaxin & Sputnik vaccine centres using CoWIN, other online tools
CoWIN 3.0: how to register for COVID-19 vaccine for 18+, price, eligibility, and more
However, these days the task of finding available slots has been made easier by various tools. Popular platforms like Paytm, MyJio, Airtel Thanks, and more have a vaccine finder tool built right into their apps. Using these tools is pretty straightforward and you also get notified if a slot opens up in your preferred area. Additionally, these tools show the availability of Covaxin, Covishield, and Sputnik V vaccines in nearby areas. Here are some tools that let you find COVID vaccine slots easily.
What information is provided by vaccine finder tools?
Third-party vaccine finder tools provide all information that’s available on the CoWIN platform. Users can see nearby vaccine centres in their area, and the list of government or private centres for vaccination. Additionally, users can also filter their searches based on age group (18+ and 45+) as well as the vaccine brand, which currently includes Covishield, Covaxin, and Sputnik V in India. Having the ability to search vaccine type is helpful as it allows users looking for second dose slot to find the same vaccine as the dose 1. There’s also a facility to check slots by date and time to book a convenient time slot.
CoWIN vaccine slot notifier tools
Vaccine slot finder tools let users search for available slots and even set up notifications for when a slot opens up. Here are some of the convenient and most popular vaccine finder tools available.
Paytm CoWIN slot notifier tool
Paytm has a handy vaccine slot finder tool in its app, which not only lets users search for slot availability but also notifies you when a slot opens up and lets you book the slot. Here’s how to use the Paytm vaccine slot notifier tool.
- Open Paytm app on your smartphone
- Scroll to the ‘Featured’ section
- Click on the ‘Vaccine Finder’ option
- Enter your pin code or district
- Select 18+ or 45+ age group, as applicable
- Select your choice of vaccine from Covishield, Covaxin, and Sputnik V
- Select ‘Check Availability to see open slots’
- The app will now show you nearby vaccination centres in your area and available slots
- In case you don’t see available slots, you can click on ‘Notify me of available slots’ and you’ll get a notification every time a slot opens
My Jio Vaccine Finder tool
Jio has also rolled out a vaccine finder tool that lets users to find and book a slot right from the app. Here are the steps to do so.
- Open the My Jio app on your phone
- Scroll down till you see the COVID-19 vaccine finder banner and tap on it
- Enter your pin code or district
- The app will now show you available slots at the nearest government and private vaccination centres
- You can also filter search results by date, age, cost, and vaccine (Covishield, Covaxin, and Sputnik V)
Google Sheets Vaccine Tracker
This unique method has been created by Labnol.org founder Amit Agrawal, which uses an open-source vaccine tracker built using the public CoWIN API. Here’s how you can use this tool to let Google Sheet alert you of available vaccine slots in your area. Here’s how you can use Google Sheets to track vaccine availability.
- Go to the vaccine tracker link
- Click on ‘Make a Copy’ to copy the vaccine tracker
- Click on the ‘Vaccine Tracker’ tab on top shown with the Indian flag and select ‘Enable’
- Click on the ‘Advanced’ link when you see an authorisation window with a prompt saying ‘Google hasn’t verified this app’
- Select ‘Go to Vaccine Alerts’
- Now, click on the ‘Vaccine Tracker’ tab again
- Enter pin code, email address for alerts, and age group
- Users can also choose the type of vaccine they want from Covishield, Covaxin, and Sputnik V
- Google Sheets will send an email alert every day at 8am
Airtel Vaccine Finder tool
Airtel has also launched a vaccine finder tool on its Airtel Thanks app to let users get notified of available slots. Here’s how you can use the tool to find vaccine slots near you.
- Open Airtel Thanks app
- Go to ‘Vaccine Finder’ in the first horizontal scroll bar you see on the home page and click on it
- Enter your state and district
- Choose your filters like Age 18+, Covishield, Covaxin, Sputnik, and others
- Tap on ‘Check availability’
- The tool will now show you date-wise slot availability in your area
VaccinateMe by HealthifyMe
VaccinateMe is a unique initiative by HealthifyMe, which lets users search for nearby vaccination centres and available slots. The best part about this platform is that users can filter searches based on dose and vaccine type. Here’s how to use the slot notifier website.
- Go to the VaccinateMe website
- Select ‘District’ or ‘Pincode’
- Next, select your district from the dropdown or enter the pin code
- Choose relevant dose (Dose 1 or Dose 2)
- The website will then show you slot availability at nearby vaccination centres along with Covishield, Covaxin, and Sputnik V labels
The Under45.in allows users to get real-time information about the availability of vaccination slots. The website shows the relevant Telegram channel once users enter their area details. Once users join the Telegram channel, they get a live notification every time a slot becomes available.
- Open the web browser on your phone and visit under45.in
- Pick your State and District from the dropdown
- The page will now show you a relevant Telegram channel
- Tap on the channel name and it will redirect you to the Telegram app
- Click on the ‘Join’ button to receive notifications from that channel
- You’ll now receive notifications whenever a slot opens with details like address, centre name, number of slots, and whether its Covaxin, Covishield, or Sputnik V