The CoviSelf Rapid Antigen Self Test Kit is now available to purchase on Flipkart. This is an ICMR-approved self-test kit for COVID-19. The highlight of the self-test kit is that it’s extremely easy to use and yields result in just 10-15 mins. The self-test kit comes with a safe swab, test card, prefilled extraction tube, user manual, and disposal bag. Users will be able to see the results on the brand’s companion app, which will be made available shortly as per the brand’s official website.
India is currently battling the second wave of COVID-19 and has started prepping for the impending third wave. During the initial stages of the second wave, there was a severe shortage of RT-PCR tests and thus many were left stranded without any solid proof of whether they are infected or not. With the new CoviSelf Rapid Antigen Self Test Kit, patients can now self-test and find out whether or not they are infected. Here’s how the self-test kit works and everything you need to know.
What is CoviSelf Rapid Antigen Self Test Kit?
As the name suggests, the CoviSelf Rapid Antigen Self Test Kit is an RT-PCR test that users can purchase without prescription and self-test for COVID-19. The self-test kit has been developed by a Pune-based company called Mylab. In case you have doubts regarding its accuracy, the test has been approved by ICMR. Notably, ICMR is spearheading India’s battle against the COVID-19 pandemic.
The CoviSelf Rapid Antigen Self Test Kit is priced much lower than the usual cost of RT-PCR test through labs and diagnostic centres. It comes with every tool necessary to perform the test and requires an app to analyse the results. Users can simply register on the app to get their COVID-19 rapid antigen test result.
CoviSelf Rapid Antigen Self Test Kit price in India and availability
The CoviSelf Rapid Antigen Self Test Kit is now available for purchase on Flipkart. The price for one kit is set at Rs 250 and the minimum quantity to purchase is two kits. Customers can avail 5 percent unlimited cashback on Flipkart Axis Bank credit card and flat Rs 100 off on the first Flipkart Pay Later order of Rs 500 or above.
How to find out result using Mylab CoviSelf app?
In order to analyse your test sample, you’re first required to register on the CoviSelf app as per ICMR guidelines. Once you have registered, you can then proceed to test yourself using the kit. Do bear in mind that the app is currently unavailable and will be launched soon on the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
Below are the steps to register on the app and get the test result.
- Open the Mylab CoviSelf app on your smartphone
- Enter your details including Name, Age, Gender, Aadhar Card number, Address, Pin Code, and mobile number
- Click on Submit
- Open the test kit and take out the test device
- Scan the QR code on the test device using the CoviSelf app to link your test with your credentials
- Click on Upload to finish the registration
- You can now proceed to perform the COVID-19 test using the self-test kit
- Once the test is completed, you are required to click a picture of the test device using the app and upload
- The app will then analyse the result of the test device based on the image captured and tell whether you are positive or negative
How to use CoviSelf Rapid Antigen Self Test Kit?
Self-testing for COVID-19 is a pretty simple process and anyone can do it at home using the kit and the Mylab CoviSelf app. Make sure you wash and sanitise your hands before starting the test. Follow the below steps to perform a rapid antigen test at home using the CoviSelf Rapid Antigen Self Test Kit.
- Purchase the CoviSelf Rapid Antigen Self Test Kit from Flipkart
- Upon delivery, tear open the CoviSelf Rapid Antigen Self Test Kit and take out the content
- Open the sterile nasal swab package from the tail end (the tail end is the one that doesn’t have the swab, touching the swab head will contaminate it)
- Carefully insert the swab into one nostril up to 2-4 cms or until you experience resistance and roll the swab five times inside the nostril
- Repeat step 3 using the same swab in the second nostril as well
- Now, take the pre-filled extraction tube and insert the swab into it
- Pinch the tube at the bottom and swirl the swab 10 times
- Break off the swab at the breakpoint indicated by two grooves
- Cover the extraction tube with the attached nozzle cap and tighten the lid
- Now, take out the test device and add 2 full drops of the antigen buffer mixture from the extraction tube into the sample well by pressing the tube
- Wait for 10-15 mins for the results to be displayed
- As soon as you see the lines on the test device, click a picture of the test device using the Mylab CoviSelf app
- The app will scan the picture and show your rapid antigen test result
Currently, you will still be able to tell whether you are COVID positive or negative without the app. You should first see the Control Line ‘C’ appearing and then the Test Line ‘T’. If only the control line appears, it means you’re negative, whereas the appearance of both ‘C’ and ‘T’ lines indicates a positive result. Pay close attention to the test device as even a very faint pink ‘T’ line indicates a positive result.
In case the lines take longer than 20 minutes to appear, the test is considered invalid and should be repeated with a fresh kit. Additionally, the test is also considered invalid if only the ‘T’ line appears and no ‘C’ line.