CD Projekt Red’s most ambitious game from 2021, Cyberpunk 2077, is now available to download for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox and Windows PC. Cyberpunk 2077 is unlike any other video game on the market. It features immersive gameplay and graphics that look photorealistic on gaming consoles and gaming PCs. This modern-day RPG won many awards, including the Outstanding Story-Rich Game award at the 2021 Steam Awards.
With a game of this caliber, it is not easy to just download and play it. Cyberpunk 2077 requires a higher-end graphics card, higher storage space, and next-gen gaming consoles just to run the game. Though PS5 might give a reasonable frame rate, PC users need to ramp up their hardware components to make the game run. Additionally, the 70GB HDD space is a lot to ask for. Here in this guide, we will share how to purchase, download, install and run Cyberpunk 2077.
Cyberpunk 2077 download: prerequisites to run Cyberpunk 2077
For the uninitiated, here are the system requirements you’ll need to run Cyberpunk 2077 on Windows PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Xbox gaming consoles.
Cyberpunk 2077 minimum system requirements: Windows PC
- CPU: Intel Core I5-3570k or AMD Fx-8310
- RAM: 8 Gb
- OS: Windows 7 or 10 64-Bit
- Video Card: Nvidia Geforce Gtx 780/AMD Radeon Rx 470 or above
- Pixel Shader: 5.0
- Vertex Shader: 5.0
- Free disk space: 70GB
- Dedicated Video RAM: 3GB
Cyberpunk 2077 recommended system requirements: Windows PC
- CPU: Intel Core I7-4790 or AMD Ryzen 3 3200g
- RAM: 12 Gb
- OS: Windows 10 64-Bit
- Video Card: Nvidia Geforce Gtx 1060/AMD Radeon Rx 590 or above
- Pixel Shader: 5.1
- Vertex Shader: 5.1
- Free Disk Space: 70GB
- Dedicated Video RAM: 6GB
Cyberpunk 2077 minimum system requirements: PS4/PS5
- Console: PS4 or PS5
- 44.102 GB of free disk space
Cyberpunk 2077 minimum system requirements: Xbox
- Console: Xbox Series X and Series S
- 40.3 GB of free disk space
Top 5 reasons to play Cyberpunk 2077
Cyberpunk 2077 is no ordinary game. The developers behind the game spent years building the Night City into a gritty futuristic place where urban life breathes. The fine lines between the human and machine are blurred inside the game. Cyberpunk 2077 features RPG-style gameplay and offers ultrarealistic graphics that depict reality. If you’re looking for the adventure of a lifetime, then you should play this game at least once. Additionally, here are the top five reasons why you should play Cyberpunk 2077.
- Players can customise their characters to their preference
- A moving story inspired by works of Philip K. Dick and William Gibson
- Ultrarealistic graphics will keep you hooked for hours
- Larger than life map with mechanically detailing
- Keanu Reeves as Johnny Silverhand!
How to download Cyberpunk 2077 for Windows PC?
There are multiple methods to purchase and download Cyberpunk 2077 on a Windows PC. You can purchase the game via a third-party distributor or download it from the official website. Here is a quick look at downloading and installing Cyberpunk 2077 for Windows PCs and laptops.
- Open any web browser on your computer and head over to www.cyberpunk.net
- Once you’re on the website, click on the ‘Available Now’ button
- Under the ‘Select Platform’ section, click on the PC icon
- Select the game distributor (for example, Amazon or Gamestheshop)
- On the distributor website, purchase the game and use the GOG Code to download additional settings, lore, Postcards from Night City, Map of Night City, and game Stickers.
- Now, download and install the game on your computer and dive into the world of Night City
How to download Cyberpunk 2077 for PlayStation 4/PlayStation 5?
Sony’s PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 are some of the most popular gaming consoles available on the market today. Both the consoles offer a top-tier gaming experience, and one can easily set up and download video games via the PlayStation Store. Here is a quick walkthrough to download and install Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4 and PS5 gaming consoles.
- Open Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or any other web browser and go to www.playstation.com
- Navigate to the game section and search for Cyberpunk 2077
- You can also click here to visit the download section directly
- Once you’re on the game page, sign in to your PlayStation account and click on the “Add to Cart” button
- On the next page, complete the payment formalities and make the payment
- Now, go to the Libray section on your PS4/PS5 console
- Go to the Purchased section and press X on the Cyberpunk 2077
- The game will begin downloading automatically
How to download Cyberpunk 2077 for Xbox?
Microsoft Xbox is probably the only gaming console that comes close to Sony’s PlayStations. One can simply plug an Xbox console into a TV and play their favourite games directly. Along with that, there are hundreds of games available on the Xbox website and the Microsoft Store. To play Cyberpunk 2077 on your Xbox gaming console, follow these steps:
- Open any web browser on your Windows PC and head over to the www.xbox.com
- Navigate through the website and go to Cyberpunk 2077 page
- Now, click on the ‘Buy Now’ button and sign in to your Xbox user account
- On the next page, click on BUY
- Make the payment and enter your credit card/debit card details
- Complete the procedure and wait for the system to verify the payment
- Once verified, the game will be added to your Xbox account
- Now, on your Xbox gaming console, go to the Games or Full Library section
- Locate Cyberpunk 2077 and tap on it to start the download process
- Once downloaded, go to the All Owned Games section and tap on Cyberpunk 2077 to play the game
Cyberpunk 2077 download: FAQs
How long will Cyberpunk 2077 take to download?
According to CD Projekt Red, Cyberpunk 2077 takes up to 70GB of hardisk space. If you have a fast broadband internet connection, it will take over 4-6 hours to download the complete game. However, if your internet is slow, it can take up to 12-15 hours or more.