When we copy and paste highlighted text, crop photos, and so on, most of us are aware of simple keyboard shortcuts. Many of us, however, take for granted the countless other keyboard shortcuts available to us in computer programs.
In all cases, they are extremely helpful, and more advanced users can even create their own macros. The key to bringing your writing/formatting to the next level is becoming proficient at shortcuts. There are also shortcuts available to delete a page. in this article we will be exploring that.
How to delete a page in Windows?
It is imperative not to leave blank pages in the middle or to add extra pages at the end of a Microsoft Word document.
There are many reasons for these extra pages, including tables, hitting the ENTER key too many times, unnecessary section breaks, unintentional page breaks, extra paragraph markers, and more. As we will see in this article, deleting blank and extra pages in Word will make your document look more professional, and it is easy too!
- Click the Delete button next to the page you wish to delete in the Page Navigation pane.
- The Delete Page dialogue box will appear if you are in a two-page spread view.
- Click OK after selecting the option you want.
Using Keyboard shortcuts
- Click or tap anywhere on the page you wish to delete, then press Ctrl+G. Type /page in the Enter page number box.
- Select Close after pressing Enter on your keyboard.
- Press Delete on your keyboard after selecting a page of content.
When there is no page break
Word allows you to add manual page breaks as well as automatic page breaks that it adds automatically. It is possible to delete manual page breaks. It is not possible to remove automatic page breaks, but you can adjust their location.
- To remove a manual page break, go to Home and select Show/Hide. This displays page breaks while you are working on your document.
- Double-click the page break to select it, and then press Delete.
On the other hand, to adjust an automatic page break, click on the paragraph you want to apply the settings to. Go to Layout or Page Layout and select the Paragraph dialogue box launcher. On the Line and Page Breaks tab, click one or more of the following:
- Widow/Orphan control places at least two lines of a paragraph at the top or bottom of a page.
- Keep with next prevents breaks between paragraphs you want to stay together.
- Keep lines together prevents page breaks in the middle of paragraphs.
- Page break before adding a page break before a specific paragraph.
Delete the page in Word using Find and Replace tool
If your Word document has many pages, using the “Find and Replace” tool is the fastest way to delete one. It doesn’t matter whether the page is blank or if there is content on it, such as text, graphics, or tables.
- The “Find and Replace” tool in Word can be accessed by hitting F5 or simultaneously pressing Ctrl + G. When you do either of these shortcuts, the tab “Go To” is automatically selected.
- Make sure that the Page is selected from the “Go to what” list on the left.
- In the “Enter page number” field, enter the number of the page you want to delete, and click or tap the “Go To” button. You will be taken a right to the beginning of the specified page.
- Delete the page number and replace it with the text /page. Click the “Go To” button once more. You will notice that the entire page is selected once you do that.
- Now you can close the “Find and Replace” window and press Delete or Backspace on your keyboard, and the entire page will be deleted from your Word document.
How to delete a page in word while using Macbook?
- Press Command + 8. You will be able to see all the page breaks between individual pages in your document. Paragraph breaks are also visible in this view. There will be a shaded line indicating where a particular page ends when you select the page you want to delete.
- Select this page break by dragging your cursor over it and pressing delete. By doing this, the page will be effectively deleted. If there are any extra blank spaces, you may have to backspace a few times.
How to recover a deleted Word page?
You should be able to re-instate the pages by using the Undo Facility if you are still working on the file. The Undo stack will be cleared, however, if you close the document.
What is the page break feature on MS word?
Microsoft Word has a feature called Page Break that lets you start some new content on a new page. This feature helps content look clear and concise.
2. How should I start content on a new page?
Whenever you need content to start on a new page, do not press “Enter” several times. Consider using the page break feature instead.
3. Which font should I use while working on MS word?
There is no right or wrong way to choose fonts, but it is generally believed that serif fonts are better for printing than sans-serif fonts.
4. What is MS Word mostly used for?
Documents can also be organised and written more efficiently with Word. Using Word, you can create documents from scratch or from templates that do much of the work for you. After that, the basic steps in making and sharing the documents remain unchanged.