Delhi night curfew has been imposed till April 30th from 10pm to 5am. The move from the Delhi government has arrived as a measure to curb the fresh surge in COVID-19 positive cases in the National Capital Region. Basically, only essential service providers will be allowed to move during the curfew hours for this month.
However, they will be required to apply for a pass to move around during the curfew. As was done in the past, the e-Pass can be obtained from a Web portal and is mandatory for commuting during the curfew hours only. Check whether you are eligible for the pass and how to apply online.
Delhi night curfew e-Pass: eligibility and exemptions
As mentioned before, only those providing essential services can move around during the night curfew hours from 10pm to 5am. These include vendors selling groceries, fruits, vegetables, milk, and medicine. Moreover, those working in print and electronic media organisations are also eligible to apply for the e-Pass.
In case you are a private doctor, nurse, and paramedical staff or working with government bodies, you can commute during curfew hours by showing a valid ID card. Similarly, passengers who are coming from another city and commuting from airport, railway stations, or bus stands can show their valid tickets. The curfew will also be relaxed for pregnant women and patients travelling to hospitals.
Delhi night curfew e-Pass: how to apply and check status
The process of applying for an e-Pass is pretty simple and can be done from the Delhi government website. Below are the steps to apply for the Delhi Night Curfew e-Pass.
- Visit the e-Pass application portal
- Provide details like contact number, name, district, and address of the office
- Select the type of service, like shops, media, banks, essential service, and private security services, among others from the drop-down menu
- Enter the start and end date of the e-Pass
- You will now need to upload an ID proof (Aadhaar card, PAN Card, Driving License, Passport, and voter ID card) along with official identity proof (visiting card, office ID card, and shop/business license)
- Tick on the acknowledgement button
- Click ‘Submit’
Once you submit, you’ll be provided a seven-character e-Pass ID. You can visit the same link as mentioned above to check the application status by using the e-Pass ID.