- Renowned comedian and Emmy-Award winner Jerrod Carmichael will host the Golden Globes 2023
- Indian film RRR has been nominated in two categories for the coveted award
- Fans in India can watch Golden Globes 2023 on Lionsgate Play on January 11
The much-awaited Golden Globes 2023 are here and several films and series from global film industries have been nominated this year for the coveted awards. Fans across the world have been waiting for the 2023 award season to kick start with the reputed Golden Globes. Much to our surprise, a few Indian films have also made it to the nominations, increasing excitement among the fans in the country.
Golden Globes 2023 – When to Watch in India
Golden Globes 2023 will stream in India on January 11, 2023. The red carpet show will begin at 5.30 AM IST, and the Golden Globes 2023 award ceremony will begin at 6.30 AM IST.
Golden Globes 2023 – Where to Watch Online in India Red Carpet and Main Event
Fans in India can watch Golden Globes 2023 on Lionsgate Play. The OTT platform will serve as the exclusive platform for Golden Globes 2023 streaming in India. Sharing the details, Lionsgate play took to social media platforms and said, “The best in film and television are arriving to the red carpet of the Golden Globes very soon! Suit up for a starry night with #LIONSGATEPLAY on 11th January.”
Meanwhile, for audiences in the US, the award ceremony will be LIVE streaming on NBC broadcast and Peacock TV channels.
Lionsgate Play Subscriptions
Audiences in India can purchase a subscription to Lionsgate Play at Rs. 99 per month or Rs. 699 per year. One can also watch content offerings on Lionsgate Play on Amazon Prime Video as a part of the bundle offer. However, a subscription needs to be bought for the same as a part of the Prime Video Channels plan.
Meanwhile, as a part of the collaboration with Lionsgate Studio, JioFiber customers in India can watch Lionsgate play for free on the Jio set-top box. This service is available free for JioFiber users on the silver plan and above.
Golden Globes 2023 – Indian Films in Spotlight
Indian Telugu-language epic action drama, RRR, written and directed by SS Rajamouli, has been nominated in two categories at the reputed Golden Globes 2023. RRR has been nominated for the ‘Best Motion Picture – Non-English Language’ category, and the popular song Naatu Naatu has been nominated in the ‘Best Original Song’ category.
The official premise of the film reads, “A fictitious story about two legendary revolutionaries and their journey away from home before they started fighting for their country in the 1920s.” With over 1.2 lakh reviews on IMDb, users have given the film a rating of 7.9/10 on the platform.
The film was a massive success globally and received tremendous critical acclaim for its story, direction, performances and music. As per trade media reports, RRR made a gross box office collection of Rs. 1,200 crores worldwide by the end of its theatrical run, and while it was playing in theatres, it became the third highest-grossing Indian film globally, the second highest-grossing film in India, second highest-grossing Telugu film and the highest-grossing film in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. RRR also surpassed Rajamouli’s previous films Baahubali 2 and K.G.F: Chapter 2.
Fans in India can watch RRR on Netflix, Zee5 and Disney+ Hotstar.
Golden Globes 2023 – Nominations
Best Motion Picture – Drama
- Avatar: The Way of Water
- The Fabelmans
- Top Gun: Maverick
Best Performance by An Actress In A Motion Picture – Drama
- Cate Blanchett Tár
- Olivia Colman Empire of Light
- Viola Davis The Woman King
- Ana De Armas Blonde
- Michelle Williams The Fabelmans
Best Performance by An Actor In A Motion Picture – Drama
- Austin Butler Elvis
- Brendan Fraser, The Whale
- Hugh Jackman’s The Son
- Bill Nighy Living
- Jeremy Pope The Inspection
Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy
- The Banshees of Inisherin
- Everything Everywhere All at Once
- Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery
- Triangle Of Sadness
Best Motion Picture – Animated
- Guillermo Del Toro’s Pinocchio
- Marcel The Shell with Shoes On
- Puss In Boots: The Last Wish
- Turning Red
Best Motion Picture – Non-English Language
- All Quiet on The Western Front (Germany)
- Argentina, 1985 (Argentina)
- Close (Belgium / France / Netherlands)
- Decision To Leave (South Korea)
- RRR (India)
Best Director – Motion Picture
- James Cameron: Avatar – The Way of Water
- Daniel Kwan, Daniel Scheinert: Everything Everywhere All at Once
- Baz Luhrmann: Elvis
- Martin Mcdonagh: The Banshees of Inisherin
- Steven Spielberg: The Fabelmans
Best Television Series – Drama
- Better Call Saul: Amc+/Amc
- The Crown: Netflix
- House Of the Dragon: Hbo Max
- Ozark: Netflix
- Severance: Apple Tv+
Best Performance by An Actress in A Television Series – Drama
- Emma D’arcy: House of The Dragon
- Laura Linney: Ozark
- Imelda Staunton: The Crown
- Hilary Swank: Alaska Daily
- Zendaya: Euphoria
Best Performance by An Actor in A Television Series – Drama
- Jeff Bridges: The Old Man
- Kevin Costner: Yellowstone
- Diego Luna: Andor
- Bob Odenkirk: Better Call Saul
- Adam Scott: Severance
Who’s hosting the Golden Globes Awards 2023?
Renowned comedian and Emmy Award winner Jerrod Carmichael will be hosting Golden Globes 2023.
Who are the presenters at the Golden Globes?
Golden Globes 2023 will also include a star-studded line-up of presenters, which includes names like Quentin Tarantino, Billy Porter, Ana de Armas, Natasha Lyonne, Jamie Lee Curtis and many more.