Making Payments via Google Pay is super easy. It is undoubtedly one of the best UPI payment apps out there. You can easily set your favourite credit or debit cards and make your payments in seconds. Google Pay accepts almost every credit or debit card and you can set up a Google Pay user account in less than 5 minutes.
If you’ve never used a UPI app before, this could be the starting point, and in case you don’t know, you can use Google Pay for online payments, in-app purchases, game credits, contactless payments, and even peer-to-peer money transfers. To do all of that with a single mobile app, you can follow this quick guide to add or remove credit cards from Google Play.
What is Google Pay?
Google Pay is a digital payment platform that ties to your bank account. By adding your credit card, and debit cards, you can opt for digital payments across stores and merchants in India. With Google Pay, there is no need to pull out a card from your pocket because a simple scan does the job.
Once you’ve connected your bank account, you can transfer money to your friends and family, recharge mobile phones, donate and do pretty much anything you can imagine. Google Pay also has a food ordering section, which allows you to order food right from the app. If you’re looking to add Google Pay as your payment method then follow this quick step-by-step guide below.
What payment methods are accepted by Google Pay?
Considering how many payment methods are there in the market, not every option is accepted by Google Pay. Here is a list of accepted and unaccepted payment methods by Google Pay.
Google Pay payments: accepted payment methods
- Visa Electron
Google Pay payments: unaccepted payment methods
- Wire transfers
- Bank transfers
- Western Union
- Money Gram
- Virtual Credit Cards (VCC)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Transit cards
- Any escrow type of payment
How to add a credit card to Google Pay?
Now that you know what payment methods are used for Google Pay, let’s take a look at how you can add a credit card to your Google Pay account. You can easily add your favourite credit cards to Google Pay by following the steps below.
- Download and install Google Pay via Google Play Store or Apple App Store
- Once installed, open the app and enter your mobile number
- Enter your Google login credentials and sign in to your user account
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the initial setup
- Now, we can proceed with adding a bank account or credit card to your account
- Tap on the Profile Picture icon and then select Bank Accounts > Cards > Add card
- Enter the credit card number, its expiration date, CVV, your full name, and billing address
- Confirm the information and tap on Save
- Accept the terms and conditions
- Google will now verify the details entered by you
- You will receive a one-time password (OTP) on your registered mobile number
- Authenticate the process and enter the OTP
- Now, Tap on the Activate button. (available beside your credit card’s payment method listing)
- Enter a one-time password
- The last screen will confirm that your card has been added to Google Pay
How to remove credit cards in Google Pay?
If you want to remove certain credit cards from your Google Pay account, you can remove them from the payment method. Here is a quick overview of how to remove credit cards in Google Pay.
- Open the Google Pay application on your smartphone.
- Tap on your profile picture (available in the top-right corner of the screen)
- Click on the Bank account option and select the credit card you want to remove
- Tap on the three vertical dots (available in the top-right corner of the screen)
- Click on Remove account and select Continue to finish