In the digital era, from buying a shirt to paying your credit card bills, everything can be done online. Google Pay is one of the most popular digital payment platforms that allows you to pay your credit card bills in seconds. It is one of the most-used digital payment facilitators in India, catering to over 150 million monthly active users from all over the world. Out of which, India has the largest share of up to 70 million users.
Founded on September 11th, 2015 as Android Pay and later rebranded to Google Pay in 2018, this app allows you to make payments for goods and services across the globe. You can even do peer-to-peer money transfers, donations, credit card payments, and pretty much every kind of payment you can usually do with cash or cards. After setting up your Google Pay account, you can follow this quick tutorial for making credit card payments with Google Pay.
What is Google Pay?
Google Pay is Google’s digital payment and wallet application that allows users to pay bills without ever pulling out debit or credit cards. A simple UPI scan allows you to pay merchants across India and the account setup process is fairly simple as well. In order to use Google Pay, you must set up your BHIM UPI ID and follow the on-screen instructions. You can add your bank account, or Visa/Mastercard to your Google Pay account and pay on the go. Another added benefit of using Google Pay is that you can pay your credit card bills without ever going to the bank. To know more about the process, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
How to Pay Credit Card bills on Google Pay?
While there is no rocket science behind paying credit card bills on Google Pay, there are some points you have to keep in mind. In fact, being attentive while paying bills on the internet not only saves your time but also guarantees that you’ll not fall into a scam. Keeping that story aside, let’s see how to pay credit card bills on Google Pay?
- Firstly, download and install the Google Pay application via Google Play Store or App Store
- Once installed, open the app and log in to your GPay account
- If you don’t have a GPay user account, you can create it on the welcome screen
- Now, add your preferred payment method and verify the same with an OTP
- Enter your details and complete the signup process
- Now, we can proceed to the next step
- Before paying the bill, check with the card issuer if they allow you to pay credit card bills using the UPI application
- Once you’ve received a green signal from the bank, login to your credit card account on your bank’s customer portal
- Go to the Bill Pay/Credit Card bill option
- Select Google UPI as the payment option
- You’ll be redirected to the Google Pay app
- Authenticate the payment and enter your GPay transaction PIN
- The said amount will be debited from your bank
- Congratulations, your credit card bill has been paid now
Is it safe to pay credit card bills on Google Pay?
Google Pay is a secure digital payment platform that empowers thousands of businesses in over 40 countries. You can use Google Pay to make payments in India, Australia. Canada, Japan, Russia, Singapore, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, the United States, and more. It uses multiple layers of security while incorporating the world’s most advanced security infrastructures for online payments. Google Pay doesn’t share your card number/pin or any other sensitive information with the vendor. Instead, it follows a strict method that provides several layers of security so that you are safe from hackers and scammers on the internet.
Google Pay: FAQs
How does Google Pay work with credit cards?
You can use Google Pay to make payments across cities and countries with your Debit/ Credit Cards. The transaction is secured via multiple layers of security, helping you to make payments quickly and securely. Google Pay uses Tokenization to replace sensitive information on your card and returns an alias to the vendor called the Token.
Can you add a credit card to your Google Pay account?
You add, add, delete, edit and make changes to your existing payment methods on Google Pay. The process is super simple, and it only takes a few minutes to set up a new account on Google Pay. You can even set up multiple payment methods on the Google Pay app, allowing you to make payments from your bank, credit cards, debit cards, net banking, and more.