Google Pay is joining the scores of companies encouraging people to stay home during this second wave of COVID-19. The payment platform from the search giant is running an offer called Stay@Home where you can save up to Rs 300. With this offer, Google asks customers to make 7 eligible payments and in return get up to Rs 300 in the form of savings.
When Google Pay made its debut in India with an UPI-enabled payment service, the platform showered cashbacks on initial users. While NPCI has capped transactions on UPI transactions for third-party app providers, Google Pay continues to offer cashback and savings on transactions. One such offer is called Stay@Home and here is everything you need to know.
Google Pay Stay@Home Offer: what is it?
Google Pay Stay@Home Offer is now live for the users of digital payment service. It is available via the “Offers” section of the app. While the offer ends on May 20th, it is rather easy to get to the target savings of Rs 300. All you need to do is make seven eligible payments and earn scratch cards up to Rs 250. You will also earn rewards for each of your eligible payments. With this offer, Google Pay is encouraging people to stay home and order online.
Apart from the scratch cards, users will also earn a voucher after the fourth transaction, which will reward users with at least 5 percent discount on third party goods and services or at least Rs 100 off on third party goods and services. However, if you are ineligible for the offer, you will get a Rs 2 cashback.
Google Pay Stay@Home Offer: list of eligible transactions
You can earn a Stay@Home voucher by completing any of the following eligible transactions:
- Pay merchants like Zomato, Swiggy, Domino’s, FreshMenu, Big Basket and Grofers.
- Pay DTH, electricity, LP, internet and postpaid mobile bill plan with the Google Pay app.
- Recharge any prepaid mobile plan with the Google Pay app.
- Make a donation via the COVID Aid Spot towards COVID relief.
Google Pay Stay@Home offer details
- Each transaction must be at least Rs 199 to be eligible for the voucher.
- Bill payments made for insurance premium are not eligible for this offer.
- You can earn a maximum of 7 rewards during the offer period.
- There is no limit on the number of rewards you can get per day.
- On the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th qualifying transaction, you will get a Stay@Home stamp.
- On the 4th qualifying transaction, you will earn a voucher.
- On the 6th qualifying transaction, you will earn a scratch card worth Rs 5 to Rs 50.
- On the 7th qualifying transaction, you will get a Stay@Home stamp.
- After completing 7 eligible transactions, you will earn another scratch card between Rs 25 to Rs 250.
Google Pay Stay@Home Offer: how to participate
- Download Google Pay app from Google Pay Store or Apple App Store.
- Log into the app using the phone number linked with your bank account.
- Once setup is done and UPI ID is created, you can see the Stay@Home offer in the offers section.
- Start making eligible transactions and you will get stamps, vouchers and scratch cards as described above.
Google Pay Stay@Home Offer: terms and conditions
- The scratch cards earned during this offer will expire after 45 days if not redeemed.
- Any cashback earned during this offer period will be added to your UPI-enabled bank account linked to Google Pay.
- Your cashback will expire after 45 days if you do not have an account linked.
- You can earn up to a total of Rs 9,000 per financial year across all Google Pay offers.
- Google Pay reserves the right to withdraw and or alter any terms and conditions of this offer or contest at any time without prior notice.
- Employees, interns, contractors, and office holders of Google LLC, their immediate family members, Google’s affiliates and subsidiaries or other persons professionally connected with the offer, are not eligible to participate.
- This offer is not available in the state of Tamil Nadu, as per the Tamil Nadu Prize Scheme (Prohibition) Act 1979.
- Google is not responsible for any goods or services that you purchase or receive from merchants, or for the contents of the merchant’s website.