- Google’s ChatGPT rival to debut at Google Developer Conference
- Google will also debut more than 20 AI tools
- Google brings back its founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin to the company to fight AI tools
Google is going to unveil its ChatGPT rival and 20 other AI tools at the company’s annual developer conference in May 2023, according to a New York Times report.
ChatGPT, the AI-powered chatbot, has taken over the world and caught Google’s attention. ChatGPT and AI have shaken Google from its routine, and Sundar Pichai announced its code red.
According to the report, the AI tools besides the search chatbot in the works include
- Image Generation Studio, which can generate and edit images with prompts.
- Try On, a YouTube green screen feature to try on different backgrounds.
- Wallpaper maker for Pixel phones.
- Maya, which visualises three-dimensional shoes.
- A tool that could summarise different slides in a single one.
Not only that, Google has a list of programs that it wants to offer to software developers and other companies. Including an image creation technology tied with Google Cloud and white labelling AI prototypes, which will help other businesses create their own AI prototypes in the internet browser.
Google also expects to announce Colab + Android Studio, an AI tool that makes it easier to build apps for Android. It will generate, complete and fix code. Another tool called PaLM-Coder 2, a code generation and completion tool, has also been in the works.
According to the report, Google has called back Larry Page and Sergey Brin, who hasn’t been with the company in active positions since the start of 2019. They approved Google’s AI product strategy plans and pitched ideas to put more chatbot features into Google’s search engine. NYTimes report that the arrival of Larry Page and Sergey Brin by the invitation of Sundar Pichai emphasises “the urgency felt among many Google executives about artificial intelligence and that chatbot, ChatGPT.”
Meanwhile, Google’s subsidiary DeepMind announced that it would bring a ChatGPT rival, Sparrow.