GTA San Andreas was a full offline package game that went on to become a classic of the open-world genre. The game inspired many modern-day AAA titles and will always be considered a gold standard for open-world video game lovers. However, some people haven’t tasted this masterpiece yet and what it brings to the table in terms of gameplay.
Among the Grand Theft Auto franchise, GTA San Andreas has a legacy of being the most perfect game ever. The video game runs on the most basic computers, and upon tweaking up the settings, you can play the game at 60FPS or above without ever needing a dedicated graphics card. Here is a look at how you can download and install GTA San Andreas on your PC, laptop, tablet and smartphone.
How to download GTA San Andreas?
There are multiple methods to download the video game to your device. The most common one is using a gaming CD or downloading it from the website. Here, we’ll be listing down how to download GTA San Andreas on PC, laptop and smartphone using multiple methods, including free and paid.
GTA San Andreas: download for Windows PC
Windows PC is still considered the easiest way to game on a budget. While many gaming consoles cost a fortune, a low-end PC also works just fine for Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. Here is how you can download and install GTA San Andreas on your PC.
- Open Google Chrome or any other web browser on your computer
- Head over to the Rockstar website
- Search for GTA San Andreas and tap on the Buy Now button
- You can also click here to visit the download page directly
- Select PC as the gaming platform and complete the payment procedure
- Save the gaming package on your computer and wait for the download to complete
- Once downloaded, open the .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions
- Once installed, click on the GTA San Andreas icon on the desktop to run the game
GTA San Andreas: download and install for PC using Steam
Most PC gamers use Steam as a way to download and purchase video games. You can find almost every video game ever created on Steam, and the downloading process is easy as it allows you to play your favourite games with a click of a button. Here is how you can download and install GTA San Andreas on PC using Steam.
- Download Steam on your computer from the Steam website
- Log in to your Steam user account or create a new one
- Search for Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
- Scroll down and select your operating system
- Add the game to the cart and make the payment
- Once your payment is verified, download and install the game on your computer
- Once installed, go to Windows desktop and double-click on the GTA San Andreas icon to play the game
GTA San Andreas: download for Android smartphones and tablets
Since gaming has now shifted to handhelds, developers have been optimising their existing titles for smartphone users. Rockstar is no exception to this phenomenon and has been launching tone-downed versions of its game on mobile platforms. Here is a quick walkthrough to download and install GTA San Andreas on Android smartphones and tablets.
- Open Google Play Store on your smartphone
- Search for GTA San Andreas
- Tap on the Buy option and complete the payment process (Rs 182)
- Once your payment is verified, the download will start automatically
- Wait for the download to complete
- Once installed, close Google Play Store and open the GTA San Andreas app to play the game
GTA San Andreas: download and install for iOS
If you wish to play GTA San Andreas on iPhones or iPads then you can follow the step-by-step instructions below to download and install Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. You can download the game from the Apple Store on your iOS devices.
- Open Apple App Store on your iOS or iPadOS device
- Search for GTA San Andreas and tap on the first search result
- Tap on the Get button and complete the payment process (Rs 599)
- Wait for the download to complete
- Once downloaded, open the app and play the game
GTA San Andreas minimum system requirement
As mentioned above, GTA San Andreas doesn’t require a dedicated graphics card. The game works flawlessly on most computers so that you can enjoy your time in Los Santos without running into any hiccups. Here are the minimum system requirements for GTA San Andreas, plus recommended system settings for a smoother gameplay experience.
GTA San Andreas: minimum system requirements
- CPU: Pentium III or Athlon equivalent
- CPU Speed: 1Ghz
- RAM: 256 MB
- OS: Windows 2000/XP/7/8/10
- Video Card: 64 MB DirectX 8.1 compatible video card (NVIDIA GeForce 3 or above)
- Total Video RAM: 64 MB
- Pixel Shader: 1.1
- Sound Card: Yes
- Free Disk Space: 3.6 GB for a minimal install
GTA San Andreas: recommended system requirements
- CPU: Pentium 4 or Athlon XP
- CPU Speed: 2GHz
- RAM: 384 MB or more
- OS: Windows 2000/XP only
- Video card: 128 MB DirectX 9.0c compliant video card (NVIDIA GeForce 6 series or above)
- Total Video RAM: 128 MB
- 3D: Yes
- Pixel Shader: 2.0
- Vertex Shader: 2.0
- Sound card: Yes
- Free disk Space: 4.7 GB or more