GTA Vice City was probably one of the biggest video games of the Grand Theft Auto franchise. The game was released in 2002 and still holds a cult-like following among open-world gaming fans. One of the key USPs of GTA Vice City was the basic system requirements that allowed the players to run the game on the low hardware configurations. Additionally, the whole process of downloading and installing the game was pretty easy. Rockstar made sure to make the game available for PC, smartphones, tablets, and low-end laptops.
There are multiple methods to download GTA Vice City on your device. However, not every method is safe and legal. By downloading cracked versions of the game, you are more likely to get attacked by viruses and malware. So it is safe to download the game from authentic sources. Here is a quick walkthrough for downloading GTA Vice City on PC, laptops, Android and iOS devices.
How to download GTA Vice City?
As mentioned above, there are multiple methods to download GTA Vice city on your device. But not every method is safe. Here is a quick look at some legal methods to download and install GTA Vice City on your PC, laptop and smartphone.
Download GTA Vice City for PC or laptop
GTA Vice City doesn’t require a dedicated graphic card or multiple ram sticks. In fact, the game works just fine on a 2GB DD2 RAM stick as well. Because of fewer graphics requirements, you can play GTA Vice City on most computers running without a dedicated GPU. Here is a quick walkthrough to download GTA Vice City on your Windows computer and laptop.
- Open Google Chrome or any other web browser currently installed on your computer.
- Type www.www.rockstargames.com in the URL bar and press Enter.
- Once you’re on the website, click on the three lines available at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Search for GTA Vice City.
- Click on the “Buy Now” button.
- Complete the payment procedure.
- Once your payment is verified, you can download the game on your computer.
- Wait for the download to complete.
- Once downloaded, go to the Windows Download folder and double-click on the .exe file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and install the game.
- Once installed, restart your PC/laptop for the new settings to take effect.
- Now, click on the Vice City logo to play the game.
Download GTA Vice City for PC/laptop via Steam
Steam is a popular choice for gamers who want a streamlined method for downloading and installing video games. Steam has almost every major video game including the complete Grand Theft Auto series which includes GTA SA, GTA Vice City, GTA Liberty City, GTA 4 and GTA 5. Here is a quick tutorial on how to download GTA Vice city on your computer using Steam.
- Open Google Chrome web browser and head over to store.steampowered.com.
- You can also click here to directly visit the website or download the application on your computer.
- Now, log in to your Steam account or create a new one.
- Search for Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and purchase the game.
- Complete the payment procedure and save the game on your computer.
- Once downloaded, open the .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the game on your computer.
- Once installed, double-click on the Vice City icon to play the game.
Download GTA Vice City for Android mobile
- According to InMobi, there are approximately 2.5 billion Android users in the world. To get the attention of such a huge user base, Rockstar released the mobile version of GTA Vice on the Google Play Store. Currently, the game has 1 million+ downloads, and it only costs Rs 121. Here is a quick tutorial on how to download and install Grand Theft Auto Vice City on Android smartphones and tablets.
- Using your smartphone/tablet, open Google Play Store and search for Grand Theft Auto Vice City.
- Tap on the Buy/Purchase button and complete the payment process.
- Once your payment is verified, the game will start downloading.
- Once installed, close Google Play Store and tap on the Vice City app icon to play the game.
Download GTA Vice City for iOS
iPhones are still considered valuable because they run games at smoother FPS and give an optimal performance while playing heavy mobile games. Rockstar didn’t leave iOS for the mobile version of GTA Vice City because Apple’s homebred OS supports most mobile gaming titles in the world. Here is a quick look at how to download Grand Theft Auto Vice City for iPhones and iPads.
- Open Apple App Store on your device.
- Search for Grand Theft Auto Vice City and tap on the first search result.
- Now, tap on the Get/Buy button and complete the payment procedure.
- Once your payment is verified, the game will start to download.
- Once installed, close the Apple App Store and tap on the game’s icon to open it.
GTA Vice City: minimum system requirements
As mentioned earlier, GTA Vice City doesn’t have a lot of graphics or space requirements. The game runs smoothly on the basic computers with 2GB of RAM. However, there are some parameters you must know before installing the game. Here is a quick look at the minimum system requirements to run GTA Vice City on your device.
GTA Vice City: minimum system requirement for PC
- CPU: 800MHz Intel Pentium III or 800 MHz AMD Athlon
- RAM: 128MB of RAM.
- GPU: 32MB video card with DirectX 9.0 compatible drivers (“GeForce” or better)
- DX: DirectX 9.0
- OS:Windows 98/98SE/ME/2000 SP3/XP SP1
- Free disk space: 915 MB of free hard disk space
- Sound: Sound Card with DirectX 9.0 compatible drivers
GTA Vice City: minimum system requirement for smartphones
- 1.5GB free disk space (excluding memory card)
- 2.5 GB of free disk space for iOS.
- Android 7.0 version and above.
- Newer IOS devices.