HDFC Bank is offering three-month free subscription for Amazon Prime. On the bank website, the offer is being described as a complimentary offer for select HDFC Bank Credit cards. The offer is being made available as part of Smart Buy, which displays exclusive offers for HDFC Bank customers.
The deal is not available to claim directly on the website. However, eligible customers will get an SMS, email or specific communication with a unique URL from the bank. For this offer, the unique URL will redirect users to an Amazon website cobranded with HDFC Bank.
How to claim 3-months Amazon Prime membership with HDFC credit cards
- Once you are redirected to Amazon website, sign-in to your Amazon account or create a new one
- On the landing page, enter your HDFC Bank Credit card details. This step seems to ensure that you have an eligible credit card
- The bank also notes that a refundable amount of Rs 2 will be deducted to verify your credit card
- Once the verification is done, your Amazon account will get complimentary three month Prime membership.
- It is important to note that you will be charged Rs 999 for a year automatically after the completion of three months complimentary Prime membership
HDFC Bank credit card users have confirmed receiving such messages on their mobile number on public forums. They have also been able to successfully activate the three-months complimentary Prime membership.
If you already have Amazon Prime membership, there is no way to add an three additional months via this offer. In the terms and conditions, HDFC Bank notes that the user should not be an existing Amazon Prime member. Please note that this offer was extended to customers a few months back as well.
If you received an SMS or email with this offer from HDFC Bank with an unique URL, now would be the right time to act. The offer is valid only till November 30th and is not transferrable. It is also not redeemable for cash and cannot be exchanged.