Airtel is one of the biggest telecom giants in the nation and is also known to provide affordable and robust 4G network connectivity PAN India. However, if you are new to the network, then you may need a little help in getting started. While the 4G SIM activation process of Airtel is simple, it may feel daunting for new customers. A lot of people may feel confused or anxious during this time. To help these users we have put together this article that will guide you in every step of the process and will also save you the trouble of calling customer care or visiting the Airtel Store.
How to activate my airtel new 4G SIM
Activating your Airtel prepaid SIM card is an effortless process and should not take more than 1-2 hours. All you need to do is follow the below mention sequence of a few steps, and you are good to go:
- SMS the 20-digit SIM card number from your existing connection to 121
- As you receive a confirmation SMS, reply with ‘1.’
- Let it take some time, and you will receive a call; you must confirm your consent by replying with ‘1.’
- Congratulations, you have completed the process from your end, and your 4G SIM card will activate within a few hours.
How to activate Airtel prepaid SIM card
To activate Airtel prepaid SIM card, simply follow the steps mentioned below:
- After completing the KYC of your SIM card, you will have to wait for about 30-60 mins.
- As you confirm the signal on your new number, you will have to tell-verify your phone number.
- To do so, dial ‘59059’ for Airtel.
- After establishing the call, you will be directed to a recorded call. Then, simply follow the steps mentioned in the call.
- Your prepaid SIM card will now be activated.
- For more information, you may visit Airtel’s Prepaid Blogpost.
How to activate Airtel postpaid SIM card
Activating Airtel’s postpaid SIM card is slightly different from the latter but is equally easy and straightforward. Just follow the the following steps:
- In this case, you will have to follow a two-step verification process.
- For verification, just dial ‘59059’ to get a signal on your new SIM card.
- Similarly, you will also be required to do an ‘Address Verification. An Airtel executive will visit your address and verify it with the document submitted by you as address proof.
- For more information, you may visit Airtel’s Postpaid Blogpost.
How to activate upgraded new 4G Airtel SIM card by self
Activating your newly upgraded 4G SIM card is very easy and quick. Just follow the mentioned steps, and you will be good to go:
- Open your device’s messaging app
- Compose a new message as ‘SIM’ followed by your new 20-digit 4G SIM card number and send it to ‘121’.
- You will receive a message, and all you have to do is to reply to the message with ‘1,’ and you will soon be disconnected from your existing network.
- Remove your old SIM card and insert your new Airtel 4G SIM card. Also, ensure that the ‘LTE’ settings are activated on your device.
How to activate ported SIM card in Airtel
In case you want to activate your newly ported Airtel SIM card, you may follow the under-mentioned steps, and you will be good to go:
- Just insert the new SIM card into your device.
- You will have to enter a PIN. The PIN number is ‘1234’, set by default.
- Dial *123# to activate your SIM card.
- After following all these steps, you will now be able to see the signal of your newly ported SIM card on your device.
How to activate Airtel eSIM in your iPhone
Activating an Airtel eSIM for your iPhone might sound complicated, but it is as simple as any other SIM card. All you need to do is simply follow the steps below:
- Just slide into your device’s settings application.
- Tap on ‘Mobile Data’
- Tap on ‘Add data plan.’
- Connect your device to the internet via mobile data or Wi-Fi.
- Simply scan the ‘QR Code’ received via registered email id.
- Now, Label eSIM. For more information, you visit Airtel’s blog on the same here.
How to upgrade Airtel prepaid 2G/3G to 4G
Upgrading your existing 2G/3G SIM card to 4G is easy and straightforward. You can easily follow the steps below and get the same done:
- First, visit Airtel’s official SIM upgrade page here.
- Then, fill out the form that is available
- You will be required to enter your name, number, email address, and address along with the Pincode and select the region from the drop-down menu
- Once you have filled in these details, you have to click on submit
- On submitting the form, you will be greeted with a message that your details have been recorded and Airtel’s team will contact you shortly.
- In our experience, they reach out to new consumers, in 24-48 working hours
- They may require you to visit the nearest store or deliver a 4G SIM to your doorstep
How long does it take to activate Airtel SIM?
Both prepaid and postpaid SIMs get activated within a few hours. However, prepaid SIM cards usually get activated within 4 hours, whereas Postpaid SIM is activated within 48 hours, depending upon the address verification. You can track the status of your SIM on the Airtel Thanks App.
2. How to Reactivate your Deactivated Airtel number?
If your Airtel SIM card has been deactivated due to any reason, you may follow the undermentioned step to reactivate it very easily:
- Reactivation can be easily requested via email to Airtel customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are willing to do it offline, you may physically visit the nearest Airtel store and submit a reactivation request.
- You will be required to provide your address and Photo ID proof.
- You will eventually receive a confirmation call upon which your SIM will be reactivated.
3. How to activate Airtel SIM after porting from Jio?
To activate your Airtel SIM card ported from Jio, just enter the default PIN code ‘1234’ > Dial *1234# > Upon doing all these steps, your port will be activated.
4. How long does Airtel SIM stay active without a recharge?
Airtel, as a telecom company, strictly follows 60-day non-usage criteria. Therefore, if you do not recharging your SIM card for 60 days, your Airtel SIM card will be automatically deactivated. After this is done, your number may go back into circulation and may get picked by someone else.