- ICICI Bank FASTag can now be purchased or recharged on Google Pay
- Google Pay users can look for ICICI Bank FASTag under Businesses
- ICICI Bank offers FASTag issuances through its regular channels as well
The government of India has mandated FASTag for four-wheelers starting January 1st, 2021. And just in time, ICICI Bank has become the first to join hands with Google Pay to provide FASTag to vehicle owners in India. For those wondering how to buy FASTag from Google Pay, you can now do so if you are an ICICI Bank customer.
The Google Pay and ICICI Bank collaboration for FASTag issuance will allow users to order, track and recharge ICICI Bank FASTag from the convenience of the Google Pay app itself. This eliminates the need to visit merchants or toll locations and ensure the safety of applicants. Here’s how you can purchase FASTag on Google Pay.
How to buy FASTag from Google Pay: a step-by-step guide
According to Praveena Rai, COO, NPCI, “We are pleased to associate with Google Pay and ICICI Bank to increase the adoption of NETC FASTag and facilitate its doorstep delivery to the customers. We believe this initiative will provide vast reach and enable vehicle owners to avail it at the comfort of their homes eliminating the need for visiting a kiosk or the bank amid a pandemic.”
Below are the steps to buy FASTag from Google Pay.
- Open the Google Pay app and scroll down to Businesses
- Click on ICICI Bank FASTag
- In case you don’t see ICICI Bank FASTag option, click on ‘Explore’
- You’ll find ‘ICICI – FASTag’ under Local Services at the bottom
- Click on ‘Buy new FASTag’
- Provide your PAN number, RC copy, vehicle number and address
- Use OTP to verify your mobile number
- Make payment
ICICI Bank customer can also buy FASTags using bank’s internet banking, iMobile app, InstaBIZ app, Pockets, and by visiting the nearest branch. The Pockets app can be used to purchase FASTag even for non ICICI customers.