Amazon Prime membership is one of the most rewarding subscriptions in the market right now. What started as a subscription for fast and free delivery has evolved to include free video, music and e-books as well. For the price, Amazon Prime membership does offer a lot more than the price.
In India, Amazon Prime membership is even more lucrative. It starts at Rs 999 for a year while the monthly subscription is priced at Rs 129. However, Amazon Prime membership is not something everyone would want to use. There is a possibility that you shop online on platforms that are not named Amazon.
You might have a subscription to Netflix and Disney+ Hotstar and won’t be needing Amazon Prime Video. On the music front, Spotify and Apple Music trump Amazon Music easily. For reading on your Kindle, you don’t necessarily need a Prime membership unless you want to read only free e-books. So, in that case, you might want to unsubscribe from Amazon Prime. Here is how.
Cancel Amazon Prime subscription on desktop
- Go to www.amazon.in from any compatible web browser and login to your Amazon account.
- Now, navigate to the top right corner of the webpage and click on “Account & Lists” of the webpage.
- From the drop-down menu, click on the ‘Your Prime membership’ section.
- Scroll down the webpage and look for “End Membership and Benefits” options on the left side of the webpage. Click on it.
- On the next page, Amazon will ask for your confirmation on whether you want to end your Prime membership. It will try to convince you to stay onboard as a Prime member.
- On this page, you will see three buttons named as Keep my membership, Continue to Cancel and Remind me later.
- Click on “Continue to Cancel” if you don’t want to retain your Prime membership.
Remember, that Amazon will remind you about benefits of Prime membership multiple times before you cancel. If you have paid for your Prime membership but who have never used its benefits, then according to Amazon, customers could be eligible for a full refund.
However, if you have used the benefits, you could be eligible for a partial refund based on the remaining time in their membership. However, if you are still in your 30-day free trial period, then you would not have been charged and thus the refund is not applicable.
Cancel Amazon Prime subscription from the app
You don’t necessarily need the desktop to deactivate Amazon Prime. You can do that either from the app or from the mobile site as well. Here is how.
- Download the Amazon app from Google Play Store or App Store.
- Login to the app using your Amazon account.
- Click on the three horizontal lines at the top left hand corner.
- Tap on Prime and then select “Manage My Membership”.
- Now, you will see three options named “Keep my membership’, “Continue to Cancel” and “Remind me later”.
- Click on Continue to Cancel and accept the prompt once more to cancel your membership.