Facebook is the most divisive of the big tech companies in the world right now. The relationship with the company keeps moving from love to hate and there is just no middle ground. However, with 2.7 billion monthly active users, it is hard to not be on the platform and connect with your friends and acquaintances.
Also Read: How to log out of Facebook on all devices
Now, if you are on a platform with over two billion users, you might as well customize the service as per your own liking. One of the customisation that takes precedence over everything else is language. Facebook lets you use the service in your own language, that can be your local language or mother tongue.
How to change the language on your Facebook account from PC
- The first step is obviously to visit www.facebook.com and login to the service.
- Once you have logged in, click on your user icon at the top right corner.
- Now, you will see a drop-down menu. Click on Settings & privacy.
- On the next screen, select Settings again.
- You will now be on the General settings screen.
- Click on “Language and region” and then edit next Facebook language option.
- You will now see a drop-down menu for Facebook language.
- By default, it will be English (UK).
- Select your language and click on Save Changes to confirm the language change.
This will change the language of your Facebook account. The change will take effect immediately and whenever you login to Facebook next, this will be used as your default language.
How to change your Facebook account language on mobile app
- Open Facebook app on your Android phone or iPhone.
- Make sure you are logged into the app.
- Click on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner.
- Select Settings & Privacy and click on Language.
- Now, you will see Facebook Language.
- From the list, select the language you would like to use for the app.
As soon as you select a new language, the app will restart. The language you selected in the above step will become new default. You can also change the language later.