Facebook is the world’s largest social media platform with around a 69 percent market share worldwide according to Statcounter. Because of this, the platform has become a lot more than just social media and is used for almost everything from job hunting to house hunting. Therefore, it’s imperative to have a proper Facebook profile name, which is your actual name.
If you have recently changed your name, or want to switch from a casual nickname to a proper name or vice-versa, you can easily do so. Changing your Facebook profile name is a pretty straight-forward process, but there are some things that you need to keep in mind. Here’s all that you need to know about changing your name on Facebook and how to do it.
How to change your Facebook profile name?
Changing your Facebook profile name is an easy and doesn’t involve any complex steps. You can follow the below steps to change it.
- Open Facebook and login
- Click on the arrow at the top right
- In the dropdown menu, click on ‘Settings and privacy’
- On the next screen click on ‘Settings
- You will now see your General Accounts Settings page. Click on ‘Edit’ next to your name
- In the boxes that come up next, enter your first, middle and last name, and click on review changes
- Select how you want your name to appear on the page (first name first or last name first), type your password and click on save changes
You have successfully changed your Facebook profile name. However, sometimes you may run into one issue or another. Let’s take a look at what could go wrong.
Changing Facebook profile name: what could go wrong?
The first thing to know about changing your Facebook profile name is that it can only be done once every 60 days. And if you change your profile name too often, it is extended to once every 120 days.
Additionally, Facebook requires users to provide a legit name that complies with its policies. In case you are using pseudonyms or fake names, Facebook might ban your profile.