Instagram has been plagued lately with phishing links that claim to be from the Instagram Help Center with a link to verify their account. Once clicked on the link, users have experienced their account getting hacked. In case you have received such links in your DMs, it’s advisable to change your Instagram password right away. If you are wondering how to change Instagram password, we got you covered.
The process of doing so is pretty simple on the website as well as the mobile app. In order to safeguard your account against data theft, choose a strong password with an upper-case letter, lower-case letter, numbers, and special characters. Here’s a step-by-step guide to change your Instagram password on the web or mobile app.
How to change Instagram password: a step-by-step guide
- On the website
- On the mobile app
How to change the Instagram password on the website
In order to change the Instagram password on the website, you will need to visit the website and log in. Once you have logged into your account, follow the below steps.
- Click on your profile pic in the top right corner
- Select ‘Profile’ from the dropdown menu
- Click on the gear icon next to the ‘Edit Profile’ button
- Tap on ‘Change Password’ in the pop-up menu
- Enter your old password and the new password
- Click on ‘Change Password’
How to change the Instagram password on the app
Open the Instagram app on your smartphone and follow the below steps.
- Tap on the profile picture in the bottom right corner
- Click on the three-line icon in the top right corner
- Tap on ‘Settings’ at the bottom of the page
- Click on ‘Security’
- On the next page, click ‘Password’
- Enter your current password and the old password
- Click on ‘Save’