Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identification number issued by UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India). The Aadhaar card containing the UIN is considered to be one of the most important identification documents and is required by most institutions as ID proof. This government identity proof contains demographic as well as biometrics data of the cardholder.
It’s possible that an individual might need to update their contact number, address, or even their photo on the Aadhaar card. Users can update their Aadhaar Card details either online or by visiting the nearest Aadhaar center. However, in order to change your Aadhaar card photo, you will need to visit the center as it cannot be done online. Here’s how you can update your photo on Aadhaar card.
How to update photo in Aadhaar card: step-by-step process
As mentioned before, to update or change your photograph on the Aadhaar card, you will need to visit the nearest Aadhaar center as it cannot be done online. Below is the process to get your photo changed on Aadhaar card.
- Go to the official UIDAI website and download the Aadhaar enrolment form
- Fill the form carefully
- Visit the Aadhaar Enrolment Center or Aadhaar Seva Kendra nearest to you
- Submit the duly filled form at the Aadhar Enrolment Center
- Provide your biometric details to the center executive
- Your photo will be captured on a camera
- Verify all details and pay an administrative fee of Rs 100 plus GST
- You will be provided an acknowledgment slip containing the Update Request Number (URN)
- The URN can be used to check the update status
- Your Aadhar will now be updated in 90 days
Once your Aadhaar photo is updated, you’ll be notified of the same through an SMS on the registered mobile number. UIDAI will dispatch a physical copy of the updated Aadhaar card to your registered address. Alternatively, you can visit the official UIDAI website and download the soft copy of the Aadhaar card.
Aadhaar Card FAQs
Can Aadhaar photo be updated online?
No, Aadhaar card photo cannot be updated online. You’ll have to visit the nearest Aadhaar center to get it updated.