Online payments have become the norm in the recent past. Everyone accepts online payment from pan shops to 5-star hotels through phone banking or UPI. UPI or Unified Payments Interface refers to a system that powers different bank accounts into one mobile application ( of any participating Bank), bringing merchant payments, seamless fund routing, and several banking features under one umbrella.
A unified payment interface refers to a smartphone application that facilitates the transfer of money between bank accounts. The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has developed this single-window mobile payment mechanism. Bank details or other sensitive information need not be entered every time you want to initiate a transaction.
What is a UPI Pin?
Whenever you transact or add a new payment account, the UPI pin is the number you enter. When you first add a bank account, you will be directed to determine a UPI pin. If your bank account already has a UPI PIN, you may use the same on Google pay. You may use Google Pay to change your UPI PIN.
How to change the UPI Pin in PhonePe?
- Access the menu by tapping on the hamburger icon.
- Navigate to the ‘bank accounts section. If any bank accounts are linked with a phone, they will be shown in this section.
- Select the bank account for which you wish to set a UPI PIN.
- You might see a SET option if you have never set a UPI PIN for this bank account. Otherwise, there will be a “RESET” option to set a fresh UPI Pin for that bank account.
- Enter your Debit/ATM card’s “Last six digits” and “Expiry date.” If your card has no expiry date, enter 00/49
- The bank will send you an OTP. In the next screen, enter the OTP and the UPI Pin you wish to set for the account. Click on “Submit.”
- A UPI PIN has been successfully set for your bank account. You can send/receive payments directly into your bank account using PhonePe by authenticating your UPI PIN.
How to reset UPI Pin on PhonePe?
Here are the ways to reset UPI Pin on PhonePe –
- Open the PhonePe app.
- Tap on your profile picture at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Under Payment Methods, select your bank account.
- Tap on the Reset button.
- Enter your card details.
- Enter the OTP and the new UPI PIN.
1. Can UPI Pin be six digits?
Yes, a UPI pin can be six digits. To set a 6-digit pin, you must go to PhonePe and change the settings.
2. Can I change my UPI ID on PhonePe?
3. How do I find the UPI PIN on my PhonePe?
- Open the menu by tapping on the screen’s icon at the top right corner.
- You will receive an OTP from your bank.
- In the next screen, enter the OTP received from your bank and the new UPI Pin you want to set for the account.
- Click submit.
4. How to change the UPI pin in PhonePe without a debit card?
If you want to change your UPI pin without a debit card, you must visit your bank and speak to an executive there.
5. How to set a 6-digit UPI PIN in PhonePe?
A UPI pin is a four or 6-digit number used to approve transactions done through UPI. Some banks provide a 6-digit pin, while others provide a 4-digit pin. If you want your pin altered from 4 digits to 6 digits, you have to use Google pay.
- Click on the “profile” icon and select “banks added” on settings.
- Inside each bank is an option for changing the UPI pin. Using these steps, you may set a 6-digit UPI pin.
- After doing so, on PhonePe, delink that particular bank, then relink the same bank to the same UPI app.
- This changed 6-digit pin will be reflected across all UPI apps where the relink process has been done.