Snapchat username is something that cannot be changed once created. This protocol helps in securing account data and user identity. Snapchat also doesn’t allow users to transfer data from one account to another. However, if you want your friends to see a new name on your Snapchat profile, there is a way to do that.
Also Read: How to delete your Snapchat account
When you create a Snapchat account, your username is the first thing that separates you from the rest of the users. You cannot change this username but the app allows users to change their display name. Snapchat display name and username are two separate things. While username is your id, the display name is what is shown to your Snapchat contacts and is pretty easy to change. Here’s how you can change your Snapchat display name.
Snapchat username and display name: what’s the difference?
The Snapchat username is the one created at the first stage of the registration process. Your username is different from your display name. According to Snapchat support, changing or modifying your Snapchat username is not allowed due to security reasons. But you can still change your display name, which is at the forefront of your Snapchat profile.
You can change your display name as many times as you wish. There are multiple ways to change a Snapchat display name. You can use your PC, mobile, iPad, and basically, any device that allows you to run Snapchat. Here is a quick walkthrough of how to change your Snapchat Display name on PC, iPhone, and Android.
How to change your Snapchat display name?
Please follow the step-by-step instructions below to change your Snapchat Username using PC, iOS, or Android.
- Open the Snapchat app and log in to your user account
- You can also log in to Snapchat using a desktop browser
- Once you’re inside the account, tap on the profile picture icon in the top-left corner
- Tap on Name
- Remove your existing username and add a new display name.
- Tap on Save to register your new Snapchat display name.
How to change a Snapchat username by creating a new Snapchat account?
In case you’re not satisfied with your current username, you can delete your existing account and create a new one with a username you really want. Here is a quick walkthrough of the whole process.
- Open the Snapchat application on your device.
- Or visit the Snapchat accounts portal.
- Enter your username and password associated with your current Snapchat account.
- Go to the account section and delete your user account.
- Your account will follow a 30 days cycle. After the 30th day, your account will be deleted permanently.
- Once you’ve deleted your user account, you can create a new one with your preferred username.
Bear in mind that the above steps will delete your current Snapchat account. Once deleted, you cannot reverse this action.