If you have never invested in a good pair of Bluetooth headphones or headset then now would be a good time. These headphones are convenient to use, and are especially ideal for smartphones without headphone jacks.
A good pair of Bluetooth headphones can be paired with your phone, tablet and computer. In case of some models, you will be able to use them with two devices at the same time. If you have made the decision to get yourself a pair of Bluetooth headphones, you might be wondering how to connect them to your computer. In the following article, we’ll outline how to connect Bluetooth headphones to a Windows 10 PC.
How to connect Bluetooth headphones to computer
First things first, make sure that you have Bluetooth connectivity if you are using a desktop computer. In some cases, you might need to use a dongle that brings Bluetooth support to the computer. Also, check for Bluetooth on your laptop. Now, let’s go ahead and connect your new headphone.
- First, open your Windows 10 PC and go to Settings.
- If you have the latest version then you will see a section called “Devices”. Click on it.
- The next page will default to “Bluetooth & other devices”.
- Ensure that your Bluetooth headphone is in pairing mode.
- Now click on “Add Bluetooth or other device” and click on Bluetooth in the add a device window.
- The name of your Bluetooth device should show on the screen in a few seconds. Tap to pair.
- Depending on the device, it will pair directly or ask for a passcode. Either refer to your headphone’s user guide or try 0000 (four zeros) for passcode.
- Afterwards, you will see a message that the connection is complete. Click on “Done” and close the Settings window.