- Amazon’s customer care can be contacted for all account-related queries
- If you have a mobile number linked to your Amazon account, you can call Amazon directly
- Here’s a detailed guide on how to contact Amazon customer care
Among the major e-commerce retailers in the country, Amazon India is quite possibly the most popular platform for online shopping. With millions of customers, it’s imperative for the platform to have a robust customer care in place. And in case you are wondering how to contact Amazon customer care, it’s pretty simple.
The Amazon India website provides customer care through two methods. Customers can either choose to have their issues addressed chat or have an executive call you on your registered mobile number. Here’s a guide on how to contact Amazon customer care when you have problem with your account.
How to contact Amazon customer care: chat, call and email
In order to contact Amazon customer care, customers need open Customer Service option on their Amazon app. Below are the steps to visit the customer care section on Amazon India app.
- Open the app and tap on three-line icon in the top-left corner
- Scroll down and click on ‘Customer Service’
- On the next page, scroll to the bottom and click on ‘Contact Us’
- You will get the option to Chat or Call on the next page
- Click on your preferred method
Chat with Amazon customer care
In case you want to have your issue addressed over chat, follow the steps below:
- Click on ‘Chat with Customer Service‘
- Amazon Messaging Assistant will show you the last purchase, click on ‘Yes, that’s correct’ at the bottom
- If you have an issue with some other product, click on ‘No, another item’
- In case you have some other issue, click on ‘I have a different problem’
- Select the most appropriate responses at the bottom of the screen
The Amazon Messaging Assistant should be able to help you with the most generic of queries.
Call Amazon customer care
The Amazon Messaging Assistant can help you through most issues that could crop up. However, sometimes you may need to talk to an agent to get the desired solution. In case you would like to have Amazon arrange a call for you, click on the ‘Call me’ button.
- Click on the ‘Call me‘ button
- On the next page, select the product you want help with
- Click on the issue on the next page
- Tap on ‘Continue to Customer Service‘ on the next screen
- Select your language and enter your mobile number
- Tap on ‘Call me now‘
Email Amazon customer care
The chat and call are what Amazon calls level 1 customer support. However, if the customer is still not satisfied with the resolution provided over chat or call, they can email the Amazon Escalation desk, Grievance Officer or the Nodal officer. The level 2 customer service escalation email id is firstname.lastname@example.org and they respond within 5 business days.
If level 2 escalation also fails, the level 3 customer support is the grievance officer. The customer needs to send an email to email@example.com with the details of your issue. In case the issue is still unresolved, the highest escalation is the Nodal Office, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Both email IDs respond within three business days.
Amazon Customer Care FAQs
Does Amazon have 24/7 customer care?
Yes, Amazon’s customer care is available via phone, email, and chat 24/7.